One of the largest grassroots protests and "This...is CNN"

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Apr 15, 2009.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You've never managed to yet. The best you can do is call it "ignorant". :lol:

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Oh right! The Republicans are not conservative anymore? You backed them all the way. You want to have your cake and eat it too.

3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Amazing how little changes here. I spoke to several people that attended tea parties around the country, and I also watched a good bit of coverage of various cities. Admittedly, most of it was on Fox by default.

I saw a great many people that were angry about both parties and the escalating direction government has taken, and not just under Obama. Didn't see much Obama/dem hate, though certainly that is a factor for some people. For example, Californians are furious, and they have a republican gov.

It's fairly easy to dismiss the protests yesterday, but any democrats or republicans that do, may have it bite them in the ass in the next election. It should be a wake up call for both. Neither party is taking home any trophies.

4. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

By name only.

5. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Granted, but there is plenty of blame to lay at republicans feet, nationwide. They helped grow govt in the last tenure. What's funny is the same people who complained loud and long about that, are completely defending the geometric growth in govt. now.

Wonder if those same people will even squeak when the banks pay back their loans, and that $ does not go towards reducing our debt, but instead finds it way into another govt. spending program. Congress has shown no propensity towards reduction. Pretty scary actually, but plenty of people saw it coming. The ones that didn't...well, you get what you pay for.

Pun intended. :eek:

6. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

What I'm still reeling from is how quickly Obama/Reid/Pelosi bent us over and went Pulp Fiction on us. All of this after Bush went on his massive orgy of spending.

There should be government subsidized dinner, drinks, and date rape pills for everyone, to make this process more comfortable.

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

That is what an uniformed opinion generally is.

8. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

here is what a US Senator had to say about the tea parties.
    http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2009/04/16/schakowsky-tea-parties-despicable/

9. Andouille

Andouille Guest

"despicable" and shameful." is the only way to describe the direction Democrats are taking this country.

The nerve of these people never cease to amaze me. Politicians from Illinois make politicians from Louisiana look like Sunday-school teachers.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Jan_Schakowsky

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

my paycheck has actually increased (less taxes are taken out) since obama has taken over, the question is, will i owe come tax season 2010.