One of the largest grassroots protests and "This...is CNN"

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Apr 15, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

damn most of the marines i have spoken with were against the war, and did not support bush. 3 of my best friends were in afghanistan and iraq together were very anti bush. hell 2 of them actually were protesters in crawford. My best friend who did 2 afghan tours and 2 iraq tours had a marine wedding, and every last one of the marines at the wedding were anti bush.

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I think he is referring to the post 9/11 decision to geaux to war rather the after math for some time after. Post 9/11, kids in high school were committing to service pre graduation. The overwhelming majority of Americans were ready for the fight. The appetite for destruction dwindled soon after Iraq kicked in.

3. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

No Marine wants to be used as a peace keeper. No Marine I know, which is hundreds more than you know, was against the war initially. Most are/were against being used in a stinking peace keeping role. I will require proof that two Marines protested at Crawford. If they did, I would hope that they did not draw attention to the fact that they were Marines. It would not be becoming of a Marine to do something like that. Also note that I said "overwhelming majority", not every single one. There are democrats/liberals in the Corps, just not many. Being in the infantry, I can not recall meeting more than a handful...and just stating a fact...they were usually black.

I also must point out that not supporting/liking Bush is not the same as supporting someone like obama.

4. LaSalleAve

i can assure you they were there, and there were a whole hell of alot of vets there too. if i can find the picture of us there i will private message it to you.

5. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I'll be patiently waiting for your PM.

6. LaSalleAve

check your pm box

7. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

8. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I have to go to the office ladies. Back later. I got the link LaSalle...nice mug. I have to ask though...how can the website covering the story not cause you to question your motives?

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The non-military budget rose dramatically over Clinton's, mainly because of unfunded mandates like "No-Child" and the giant bureacracy created by the DOHS.

Yet, . . . three-fourths of our huge National Debt was incurred in three administrations. Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II. Reagan definitely started the deficit spending trend,it goes hand-in-hand with tax cuts.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding where you stand here, Salty. But I'm not surprised. People on both sides of this issue have mixed feelings.