Official WORLD CUP Thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Jun 12, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I agree with you there. And Argentina vs. Brazil would be awesome. I actually used to go to the Dallas cup every year, and it would usually be Argentina vs Brazil in the finals of U19 league. Hell i have probably seen some of these guys play before in person, because i used to go every year, and stopped about 5 years ago.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Quote from one of the London tabloids on Germany 4, England 1: "If The Few had defended as well as England did, we'd all be speaking German now."

They do take their futbol seriously, don't they?

3. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

I played in the Dallas Cup (U16s) once and also played in the US Southern regionals (U16) when they were in Dallas in the late 80s or early 90s (can't remember what yet.) The Dallas Cup is great fun, but those damn foreign academy teams were killers. We got rocked.

4. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

yeah the British press is just brutal.

5. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

My understanding was that the coach felt the young team would be more cohesive without the former mainstays in Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, and Roberto Carlos. Dunga wanted the same team that won the Confederations Cup last year. This according to my Brazilian friend.

6. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I feel like the reason we will never completely be on the same level as other countries is that kids in the US typically play several sports throughout their childhood. Foreign kids concentrate on soccer and only soccer for their entire youth, so they develop into much better players.

7. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Yeah, in the US, the kids grow up playing basketball and football on the streets. In Europe, South America and Africa, they play soccer on the streets. That's where the real talent comes from and after a while, it really shows.

8. LaSalleAve

Very intriguing match this morning with Japan and Paraguay. And then Spain and Portugal. Portugal need to get something going, aside from the 7 goal dismembering of the North Koreans they haven't done much. Is this the match that Ronaldo gets it together, because the Spaniards look like they are finally playing as a team. Going to be a nice day of soccer boys and girls.

9. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

Yeah. Spain was my pre-cup pick to win it all, but they have not shown the magic yet. Gonna try to put this up on the big screen at work. maybe i will get work done at halftime.

10. LaSalleAve

This game may be the first to go to a PK shootout.