Official World Cup Thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by mctiger, Jun 12, 2014.

1. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Those are two ginormous ifs. I like it.

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well, offensively, Brazil had a ton more opportunities, so the Chile game could have been a much different storyline if they capitalize.

My prediction is US to final 8 (emotions talking here probably), NED v BRA in final w/ NED winning.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I knew that game was going to be rough for Brazil after watching Chile in group play. I think they still make it to the finals vs NED with NED winning as well. My bracket has an upset of Nigeria over France. Just thought France looked horrible last game.

4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Wow Costa Rica. USA better advance or Costa Rica will be the CONCACAF team of the tournament.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

How about Costa Rica down 1 player winning. And the guy from Greece who scored, his name is Socrates. Great match, and the Greek coach got tossed at the end of OT. Unreal match.

6. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Brazil is very boring to watch past Neymar. I am looking forward to the Columbia vs. Brazil match though. I hope that Brazil comes alive. The two best players of this world cup in the same game.

I can't wait until tomorrow, I get so nervous when the US plays. I just want them to win a World Cup in my lifetime.

I could not believe that only 5 teams from concacaf have made it to the quarter finals. 4 in the current format.

I believe that we will win!

7. LaSalleAve

France is just in a completely different class than Nigeria. The final could have been 9-0. Valnueba is a midget but he could be the best set piece set up man left in this tournament. If I'm France though I'm concerned because 1-8 is a terrible average.

8. LaSalleAve

Algeria just fought their asses off.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Algeria is like France as of late. Can't convert.

10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Costa Rica the lone surprise so far. Can USA join them! I am going off the grid tomorrow at 3 p.m. so I can get home and watch the DVR recording. I don't like watching recordings of sports when the outcome is already decided and I really hate watching soccer if the outcome is already decided, but damn, I have to have the experience of the unknown this time.