Official NBA Thread 2013-2014 ed.

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 29, 2013.

1. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

So the Spurs got back like I thought they would before I thought they wouldn't ...... I think they beat the Heat

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I think they win this time as well. they have alot going for them.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

poor Lebron cramping, because nobody else played in those conditions last night.

VampMuse and mctiger like this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yep, he was the only one lol

VampMuse likes this.
  5. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

love it ... you want to join Kobe, MJ, Duncan etc in the pantheon of truly greats? You don't sit out because of a little heat. What a pansy bitch

shane0911 likes this.
  6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I think your giddiness is a little far fetched but I get living in the moment. LOL

I just don't get why he refuses IVs. Weird. I bet the Spurs all had IVs in at half before the cut the AC. Just a joke…

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Is that true, that he refuses IVs? Would certainly help, won't hurt other than the pinch of the poke.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

That is a little harsh IMO...there are many reasons for cramping...remember Patrick Peterson? He had severe problems. If anyone has suffered cramps in a game you would know it isn't anything you can overcome by sheer determination. Maybe he cramped because he was putting more effort into the game than all the others. He did go back in after he cramped and scored but couldn't get back down court...he wanted to go back in later but Spolstra wouldn't put him in.

I don't understand all the LeBron hate. He is no doubt the best baller in the world today and one of the best ever. He has grown every year in both his game, his maturity and his toughness. Frankly when he was first drafted I didn't like the way he was called "king james" and lauded over. I also didn't like the way he handled his move to Miami.
    However as I said he has grown up and earned my respect. Every year he improves any holes in his game (remember when his jumper was mediocre at best?), he is the best defender in the league capable of defending all positions he can dominate a game by scoring, by assists and defense. He isn't the kid he was his first year.

He isn't my favorite player and he isn't warm & fuzzy but he has been a good team mate and citizen not getting into trouble. He has never had the problems with gambling or philandering or hitting a teammate like MJ or possible rapist and apparent total ass hat like Kobe. I recognize him for what he is and respect his accomplishments.

9. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Had severe cramps in game before, was not on the sideline smiling as my team lost, was drinking a ton of water, even ran to the vending machine to get a powerade and was walking until I could get back in the game since our other center was in foul trouble ...

Btw, Kobe's achilles wants a word with you about what determination makes possible.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I will take the Colin Coward stance for this post. Not even in the same realm to compare. He fought through cramps until his body went out but once it went out there is no coming back from that. He and the heat were screwed and he is lucky there isn't any other serious injury due to the cramps. It isn't just a hydration symptom and some are just more prone to these issues. Lebron's history of cramps is no secret it just happened at the worse possible time.

I may have been incorrect about the IV thing…I think he had one during the game which likely included additional minerals.

Overall that was the craziest game 1 Finals I have seen with all the side stories, game within 10 points for most of the game usually within 5, Allen missing a ton of 3s, Allen getting a dunk we haven't seen from him in a while, Spurs turning the ball over 20+ times and winning by 15, and as soon as Lebron was done the heat just deflated.