Official NBA Thread 2008-2009

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 28, 2008.

1. clair

clair Rockets

It's not sour grapes . . . or excuses.

What's done is done and the Jazz did win the series.

But take D. Williams and Boozer (best player and then the PG) off the Jazz, then face a fully healthy Rockets team and let's see who would win the series.

2. clair

clair Rockets

For those interested, Greg Oden's debut was a disaster.

0 points, 5 boards.

and injured . . . . AGAIN.

no word yet how bad, but it's a foot injury.

Either way, I said it when he was drafted and I will say it now, I think the dude will be a flop.

He just never was all that good . . . even in college to me.

In all the big games, he was fouled out and he just didn't have any low post moves.

Tonight still, 2 early fouls put his butt on the bench in the 1st quarter.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

What I was saying too. I like the guy and feel kind of bad for him.

However, he has an extremely terrible offensive game. You can just tell by looking at him he doesn't have the fluidity to develop a jumper that will make defenses respect him. Plus, he doesn't elevate that quick and has limited skills around the goal. He will be a good teammate and will draw double teams but he doesn't deserve 20% of the hype he is getting. I have never seen such a poor offensive skill set warrant the media hype he gets.

People have become fascinated by blocked shots and dunks which is what gets him on Sports Center. But even Kwame Brown can do that.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Now Yo is the best player when the team played better without him. That was what you were saying last season right? Anyway you slice it the Rockets had their best players missing a ton of games last year and that was their identity. You can say it is not sour grapes and give us props but then making that comparison is counterproductive.:shock:

THe Jazz stayed relatively healthy toward the end of the season and the Rockets didn't. That is why you play the season and work consistency into the lineup.

Either way I am just having some fun and the Rockets will have a great team next year. I think the top teams next year will be the Lakers, Hornets, Celtics, Jazz, and the Rockets.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Mo Williams is trigger happy, he is fast as hell, but he proved to me last night that so far, he cant get Clevenland into their half court offense. They have some serious issues at the guard spot.

Lebron looked out of shape last night. Paul Pierce ate his lunch last night. He will get in shape, but he didnt look great last night. Celtics may repeat but they have problems as well.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

He moves the ball and keeps them from getting stagnant which happens almost every possession to them. He may throw some up but he is normally a pass first guy so I bet he'll calm down.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

Yea, thats why I said "so far", I think he will. However, something didnt look right with Cleveland last night. They all looked out of shape after halftime. Lebron especially, I wouldnt count on a Finals appearance from them.

8. clair

clair Rockets

Cleveland needs someone 'trigger happy' come playoff time when there are 3 defenders hanging off LeBron and someone else has to score.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

The Lakers look really good. Watching Phoneix and San Antonio is like watching paint dry. They both looked old.

10. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

It sucks that the NBA starts in late October. Push it back 2 months so we aren't sitting around July and August with no major sports to watch.