Official NBA Thread 2008-2009

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 28, 2008.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Look for Detroit to make a push into the playoffs, with Iverson now coming off the bench. I have to say you were right Issy concerning Iverson and team chemistry.

Bhelm is going to be sick when Detroit signs Boozer this summer. lol

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Like the fact Detroit is making a comeback.

I always liked that team (the way it WAS, lol).

Rip is ripping it. Such a solid player.

They are saying Iverson may just "go away", citing injuries but probably will be for "other" reasons. We shall see.

Bottom line, you had it right with the whole salary cap issue, cuz I heard some talking head stating Detroit will probably be in the best position going into the next 2 off seasons regarding salary cap.

Looks like Chris Bosh is coming to Detroit, eh? I think Wade stays in Miami, for sure and LeBron in Cleveland. Look for both teams to sign these players this coming off season.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

He is going to stick around, i know that for a fact. He has to get used to coming off the bench, wherever he plays next season, he will come off the bench. This experience has really hurt him as a starter on any team in the future. Even more it has hurt my Pistons.

Also my Piston have been poorly coached this season. Curry cant spell basketball. But the blame lies at the top, the person who made the move and he realized that about 15 games ago.

4. islstl

But if someone who doesn't have a legit #1 scorer on their team picks him up merely for ticket sales, then he will once again start.

Any contending team, yes he will have to be a role player, I agree.

The question will be does he want to win, or start?

5. LSUMASTERMIND

At this point in his career, he has to want to win. But that necessarily isnt his logic, because he hasnt figured out to how to fit into a system at this point in his career. Which leads me to believe he think he should start everywhere he goes.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Yes, I expect the Jazz to win the division. We have beaten up both Denver and Portland this year so far and we have the easiest remaining schedule since we have been through most of our tough games already.

Denver will be a tough game tonight but we are at home say that bodes well. We will have the tie breaker against both teams.

Booz to the Pistons, not really worried about it. If it happens so be it we will just plug Milsaps in who has really shown great ability through our run. The Jazz have a knack for just plugging someone in and the team running like it has for the past 20 years.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

20 years without a Championship, yep, seems to be running real smooth.

8. islstl

Give credit to Coach for that.

As much as I dislike his personality and some of his antics over the years, he is one of the great ones.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

No championship but only missed the playoffs one of those years. Making the conference finals and finals many times as well. That is more than a majority of the NBA teams can say.

However, I am talking about the flow of the offense and the ability to produce a winning team no matter who is on the floor. Just a well oiled machine.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

Im sorry, didnt know we were talking about horseshoes. :hihi:
    Since being close counts.

j/k I like giving you a hard time about the nba.
    You can chalk that up to Sloan, he is an SOB who doesnt take the premaddona crap, which = a hell of a coach.