Official NBA Thread 2008-2009

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 28, 2008.

1. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

waiting to hear also from clair

2. clair

clair Rockets

good move for both sides.

The Rockets have Brooks who has been playing better than Alston all season and now they get a 22-year-old defensive savvy PG to give them depth.

In recent years, the Rockets have been beaten in the playoffs because they couldn't stop the opponent's PG, whether it be Terry or D. Williams.

Lowry is in the top 5 in on-the-ball PG defenders in all of the NBA and now Brooks's offense in the starting lineup will help ease the loss of McGrady.

Good trade for all involved (except Memphis).

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Thanks for the response and I tend to agree. Sorry, I didnt notice Bhelm had already asked you about it.

Lowry is extremely underrated. A few months ago they switche us off of FSS and gave us Fox Sports Memphis so I get to see him whenever I want to. Kid can ball.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

My fault, I posted in the wrong thread.

I agree I think it was a good move for the Rockets with Brooks coming into his own.

5. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

bhelm, your boys are about to get bounced at home by the Celts.

You watchin?

6. bhelmLSU

You know it, I have to watch them every chance I get since they are on TV maybe 4 times a season.

Celts look very fresh but we will see what happens.

The great news is this is AK47's 1st game back in awhile and Boozer announced he is coming back next week. I think we caught the Rockets' injury bug having played them the last 3 seasons in the playoffs.

7. Cajun Sensation

AK47 has the best nickname in sports history. Andrei Kirilenko #47. What are the chances?

Did he make his number 47 for that reason? An AK47 is a Russian firearm ain't it?

8. Cajun Sensation

Crap. Bad news is KG is out with a leg injury and I took Boston -2.5.

The good news is that Big Baby is in the game and it looks like he's ready to rock.

9. bhelmLSU

Sorry, how much money was a stake? I would never bet on Utah to lose at home and just the opposite when they are on the road.:grin:

BTW, AK was given to him when he arrived in Utah and a former Jazz player added 47 in his 2nd year in the NBA.

Oh and here is his russian model wife who encourages him to cheat once a year:

View attachment 11762

10. bhelmLSU

The Jazz are coming together and doing really well of late despite the injuries.

3 of the last 4 wins were against the Lakers, Celtics, and Hornets. 8-2 in the last 10 games. Boozer will finally return to action sometime this week, probably get some PT tonight against the Hawks and AK47 came back last week.

I worry about our road schedule however. We have only 11 more home games and 15 away. The Jazz really need to bog down away from home.