Official NBA Season Thread: 2009-2010

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 15, 2009.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

This Celtics vs Cavs series will be very interesting. I watched about 3 minutes of the game last night, when Lebron committed aggravated assault on KG during a made layup and the refs didnt flench. Well that was enough for me not to watch the rest of the game, my wife told me to go ahead and turn the tv before I got started.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Celtics spanked that ass like I had hoped.

Ultimately I would love to see the Celtics beat the Lakers in the finals so I could watch Kobe cry again.

Cavs are going to have a really tough time winning this series. They should be down 2-0, lucky to still be in this thing. We'll see what happens in game 3. That will tell us all we need to know going forward.

If the Celtics can't win it, I will pull for the Suns to finally win a title, so Steve Nash can have his rightful place as one of the great point guards of all time. I think he needs a title to get that label bestowed upon him. He'll probably end up 2nd all time in assists when all is said and done and his 15 ppg is better than Stockton (#1 assists guy of all time who averaged only 13 ppg).

3. LSUMASTERMIND

Jazz better get at least 1 at home.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

We will get both.:grin:

Played pretty good last night minus free throws. Home cooking went from simmer to boil with 4 minutes left in the 1st until 2 minutes left in the 2nd but the Jazz kept fighting and made the Lakers work for it.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

I noticed that as well, hopefully it will go the other way in Utah

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm done with the NBA until next season. Unless Boston makes the finals.

7. bhelmLSU

You can rest easy, I doubt it will if the last few years are any indication. But the Jazz can play with them all day long so it makes for some exciting games.

How do you like that Matthews kid? Unsigned Rookie holding his own and not backing down to Kobe. Kobe is getting his points but Matthews is fearless and clutch from 3. Expect nothing less for a Marquette kid but a contribution this early in his career is a nice surprise.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

Definitely a nice surprise, the kid is holding his own and they might help them out in Utah because Kobe may not get the same calls.

I like the Jazz, I like how they build their teams and how Sloan coaches the game. He knows exactly what each player is capable of.

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

amazing that the lakers won with all the fouls going the jazz's way. perhaps the lakers pull pull a jerry sloan and treat the officials with respect and keep quiet - maybe they will finally get some calls. when the series resumes in august it will be a must watch. the jazz fans are known for being great, classy people and i doubt it will change this time around.

as for my hawks, im done with that series. they would have stolen home court if the refs werent on the magic's payroll. ridiculous.

10. bhelmLSU

Can't deal with the refs huh?

The refs deserve all the respect in the world with their unbiased and amazing history. :hihi: The Jazz fans will throw them a welcome party.

I will keep you posted on the Magic because I know you are not watching.:yelwink2: