Official NBA Season Thread: 2009-2010

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 15, 2009.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Ummm BHelm...... pray for rain...lol

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Good showing in game 1 by Utah, but as Okie City will attest, that doesn't get you diddly squat.

Lakers and Cavs both look beatable but you still have to do it.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Weird game to say the least. Jazz didn't shoot well and the Lakers started off hot. Most surprising was the lack of fouls drawn by Utah in the lane. I expected a little home cooking and don't mind it as long as it is the same on Utah's home floor but that could be wishful thinking given our history in the playoffs. I still think we can steal one from the lackluster Lakers crowd because they are not as strong as in year's past but the NBA rating would be crippled if the Jazz and Spurs made it to the West Finals.

We need AK 47 back to take the pressure off our defense and he is someone who can grab some offensive and defensive rebounds that are going to be hard to come by with the Laker's height advantage down low.

4. islstl

Do they still refer to him as AK47? Not just fans, but let's say the Jazz announcers?

I find it funny in this age of political correctedness and the war on terror that the name is still used.

5. bhelmLSU

Yep, still used all the time by Jazz announcers. Now that I think about it I can't remember if they still use it on national broadcast games but I would bet they backed off of it some.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

You know its going to be alot of homecooking, im surprised about how the games are being called this year after the ref scandal.

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

i doubt the lakers win this series. kobe and bynum can barely walk and obviously the refs want the jazz to win - just look at the denver series. and then there is david stern who definitely wants the jazz to win because its pretty embarrassing for his league to have a guy in the hall of fame who oddly enough never won anything in his life.

8. bhelmLSU

Blah

Denver was just spanked and toyed with.

NBA losses $$$$ if the Jazz makes a run to the finals same with the Spurs. NBA doesn't care about anyone in the HOF.

9. islstl

I'm assuming that was extreme sarcasm on his part.

But yes, the NBA stands to lose so much money if the Jazz are in the finals vs the Lakers.

I would be much less inclined to watch.

10. bhelmLSU

I know it was and I assume you mean Jazz vs Cavs. The NBA/refs let us slide to the Western Finals more than a few times. :hihi:

I know I am in the minority and maybe slightly biased but the same holds true for the style of play of college teams, NBA teams, etc... I would much rather watch a fundamental, hard nosed team than a team littered with stars mostly just using their athleticism to take over. Pick and rolls, extra passes, offensive boards, drawing fouls, and the aggressive nature are just fun to watch in my eyes and the main reason I became of fan of the Jazz back in the day. Amazing how they hold basically the identity today. Players get hurt or leave the team and we just plug another one in there with very little back peddling. Credit goes to Slaon and I hope he gets a title one day but time is running out.

BTW, I have to vent and say I hate Fresenko. Brings back bad memories of Ostertag.:dis: