Official NBA Season Thread: 2009-2010

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 15, 2009.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Yea Im eating that crow and enjoying it.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Yes they called timeout.
    But since when can you rebound the ball, call timeout and get the ball at your end of the court with .6 of a second left.
    These new rules must have started whenever they started going with tenths of a second versus just seconds whenever that was?
    This is the first game I ever saw like this?:huh:

3. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

When timeouts are called during the last two minutes of the game, the team that calls the timeout has the opportunity to advance the ball to their end of the court. Until a couple of years ago, they would inbound at halfcourt,now they inbound at around 3/4 of the court. As to having time left I guess they looked at the replay and figured that time was left to call a timeout.

1 person likes this.
  4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Thank You!

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Time to bump this.

Any Mavs fans here? Theyre playing extremely well.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Me :D MFFL baby!

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Kobe again...

...the Lakers should shop Bynum.

I like this Dallas team a lot.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Jazz looking really good this year. Finally figured out how to play away from home. :eek:

Where did this Boozer guy come from?:huh:

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

He kind of reminds me of Sheed. A few games where he has good stats...and then you say, ""thats who we've been waiting for." He certainly has all the potential in the world.

Has anyone watched the Bird/Magic documentary on HBO? I watched it tonight . . . pretty awesome.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Big final night of the NBA regular season especially for the for the Jazz. Kind of sucks that we are playing a very strong Suns team tonight and a little banged up right now. With a Jazz win and Mavs loss we are the #2 seed. With Jazz win and Mavs win we are the #3 seed. With a loss tonight we are a #5 seed. I am always surprised to see such a big swing like this on the final night but this has been the case year in and year out in the West.

The East has a similar big night tonight as well. Fully expect Cavs vs Magic in conference finals. I hope the Bobcats make a nice run.

Lakers do not look as strong as they usually do and Kobe is struggling a bit. They will face a very strong OKC team in the 1st round. OKC was the #3 seed just 2 weeks ago. They are a fun team to watch.