Official NBA Season Thread: 2009-2010

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 15, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

29 - 18 -13 on the triple double by Rondo. :eek: that is just ill.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

screw the points and assist, this is a point guard with 18 rebounds.
    Thats just sick.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

Series is going 7 games, the NBA wont let King James falter in the semi-finals, but I will say this. If he doesnt wake up and truly take over the series, they are done and it might be too late, the Celtics are truly in his head right about now.

And this is what he had to say about it:

He is still showing his youth, he doesnt understand that those excuses dont fly in the playoffs.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Nice Avatar. But back to hoops. I got a question for you. Does Lebron James make his teammates better, or is he just one of those superstars that is a 1 man show? Michael made his teammates better, i really hate to say this because i can't stand the dude, but Kobe makes his teammates better, D Wade makes his teammates better. Tracy McGrady, 1 man show, adds nothing to a team, does Lebron fall into that same category this early in his career?

5. LSUMASTERMIND

He does makes his teammates better, but they dont compliment him all the time. For a forward he averages a considerable amount of assist on the season. However, thats what killed him last night being passive and poor shooting, Lebron is an incredible player he is a mix between Magic and Michael, but he doesnt have their mentality as of yet. His mindset is really his downfall, things have come so easy for him because of his size and talent. This is the playoffs and his will has to take over, nobody can conceivably stop him if you really look at the bigger picture, he can only stop himself, which he did last night. Oh yea and Mike Brown cant coach himself out of wet paper bag, he needs to limit Shaqs minutes and play him with Lebron isnt on the floor.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Lebron makes his teammates better or there is no way they would have won that many games this year or in years past. He doesn't have the quality teammates like Jordan or Kobe has had either.

Kobe making his teammates is debatable. IMO he plays when he wants or when the team is losing, etc... but non existent at times. I saw many games this year where he would turn on the light switch and then his teammates lost their luster and confidence. I like a more consistent approach.

If Lebon or Jordan are not on the top of their game scoring wise you see them lead their teams in other ways outside off scoring and contribute to the W.

Shaq made the Lakers better IMO. Opened the lanes and outside shots for Kobe and others and when Kobe was out due to injury, the Lakers often had the same of better record.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

with the bhelm and kobe:hihi:

8. bhelmLSU

I have good points though and I am not the only one who has mentioned the trends. How many games have you watch where Kobe has had 25-30 points and you wonder where he was all night?

Lebron, Jordan, and others are/were involved on almost every possession.

This year with Kobe confirmed my thoughts even more. The last 5 games he finally came out to the party.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

I never said I didnt agree. But he is a winner with a better instinct than Lebron and he proved that last year in the finals.

10. bhelmLSU

Maybe better instinct but I would expect that from someone who has been in the finals and in the league a hell of a lot longer than a guy only 5 years out of HS.

Better winner: probably so at this point but Lebron on a team basically by himself vs a team with Kobe by himself which we have never seen. I much rather face Kobe. Teams usually do much better against them when the rest of Kobe's team is picking their nose. :yelwink2: