Official NBA Playoff Thread-2009

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Apr 17, 2009.

1. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Agree I think the thing with Allen is many people have so high of a standard and expectations for him and many think he is the best shooter in the NBA but he has those drill spills which sometimes or more than one game which tends to happen to him in the playoffs but when he's on like we saw that game against the Bulls this year were he went for at least 50 pts and almost 10 3's he amazing.

2. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

1. MJ
    2. Jerry West
    3. Larry Bird
    4. Magic
    5. Reggie Miller

No way Kobe is top 5 all-time. Horry is definitely up there, just not in my top 5.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I know you HATE Kobe, but "no way he is top 5". That regoddamndiculous.

WTF is Jerry West doing in your list? I mean, seriously.

1 person likes this.
  4. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Last I checked, JW is one of the BEST players of all phucking time! And if memory serves me correctly, his nickname was Mr. Clutch. I doubt it referred to his driving abilities of a standard!

http://www.nba.com/history/players/west_summary.html

Kobe is one of the best clutch players now, but the list was all-time. It's TOTALLY foolish to put Kobe in the top 5 of any "all-time" category.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Lakers dispatch of the Thuggets in 6 on their home court. I like Melo and Billups is ok, but I can't stand KMart or Dante Jones. Dirty players.

6. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Guess the NBA isn't as rigged as I thought it was. I figured that we'd see a LeBron Vs Kobe Finals for sure.

Now I just hope that Ron Jeremy can get his team fired up so that they can at least win a few games.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

just wanted to tell mastermind that i was very wrong about the nuggets. i guess it was more me wanting the nuggets to beat the lakers, so hopefully Orlando can get the job done. They beat LA twice this year, but jameer nelson was a big factor in those games. Im gonna call Orlando in 6.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I tried to warn you about Billups, the last 2 games of the series, he basically sucked.

The last game he went 2-7 with 10 points, most of those free throws in 38 minutes.
    The game before that 4-7 with 12 points 5 assist, 3 turnovers.

He wasnt much of a leader the last 2 games, when it counted. Thats all I was saying about the guy. The blame goes to Karl, imo.