Official NBA Playoff Thread-2009

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Apr 17, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i think the major stat here is not the points, its the assists. This team really reminds me of the Lakers of a couple of years ago. When Kobe and Lebron throw up an insane amount of points alot of the time they wind up on the losing end. When they get their team involved, and someone other than the Star steps up, they generally win. Lebron had what 12 assists last night, and Moe Williams and Daniel Gibson being able to hit the 3 is what won that game. And Orlando finally had a bad night shooting the ball, that helped, i think alston and lewis only hit 2 or 3, 3 balls all night combined.

When the Cavs are knocking down shots they are hard to beat, if the Magic are forced to guard the shooters, then it will help isolate Lebron and he will get more favorable one on one match ups, then its just Lebron drive the hoop, put up a shot, get fouled, or kick it to the wing.

I still think this series is over in 6.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

ill toss you a bone. he did have 7 of his 8 turnovers in the 4th qtr and OT.

i just chose to nitpick and argue for him for once.

i may have chosen the magic i dunno. i just remember thinking either team winning would be no shock either way. i certainly never thought lebron would win it all. not with that team of nobody significant.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Now you want to have me thinking I am losing my mind. I knew I heard that during the game and here you are f ucking with me. I'll go chew on my bone now.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you know id never do that.

5. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Agree

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

That's a lot of hate for the man who was instrumental in bringing your team to the conference finals for 6 straight seasons and won an NBA championship and nearly a 2nd one.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

I never liked the fact that he was resigned. the proof is in the pudding, he wasnt the only problem during those series, but one of the bigger ones. I like him as a person, but this is about performance. He's a good player. But not HOF material.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

1. Kobe
    2. Wade
    3. Pierce
    4. Anthony
    5. Paul
    6. Nowitzki
    7. Durant
    8. Princess James

9. LSUMASTERMIND

Issy no Kobe, wow. However, nice list. I like the fact that you have Pierce so high, he doesnt get enough credit to me.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i wouldnt have kobe on my list either because i just dont like him personally, not taking away from his game, but if you have Lebron at 1 who is princess james at 8?