Official NBA Playoff Thread-2009

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Apr 17, 2009.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

yes and no. they put together a defensive team so their length works well against almost every team except for orlando. you dont get the number one record and defense because lebron is on your team.

those guys arent the best players in the league but they are legit nba starters.

hard for me to call an all star a scrub.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i agree. they are nba players but in comparison to the remaining teams, he has a legit point. you'd likely want none of those guys. to dismiss that is crazy.

i also dont dismiss their home record yet i would surmise its still the east and its still at home. once out of the comfort zone things change dramatically come playoff time. and those "defensive" players suddenly get exposed when theres only one legit option to score.

theres 5 guys that can take the last shot for orlando.

theres 1 guy in cleveland.

and winning playoff games will come down to final shots no matter how good offensively or defensively you are. there is no scottie pippen there.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

agreed. they remind me of gene stallings coached teams -- they could dominate because of defense but ran into trouble in atlanta against florida. bama needed a legit qb like cleveland needs an offensive post player. every once in a while in the east you can avoid the random offensive teams like orlando, but i wouldnt bet on it. mo williams and west are a good start, they just need another piece.

point is, we've seen michael, kobe, dwade, cp3, etc with nbdl guys...these guys arent those guys.

4. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Think the series will be over Saturday in Orlando Cleveland had their best game of their series and Orlando had their worst, horrible at the 3 and Free Throw Line shooting probably lesser than 50% from the stripe and they lose by 10 basically no Skip, Lee and Lewis. A side note...I really was rooting for Gipson to get more playing time for Cleveland but does he really have to make a big deal after he hits a shot.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Maybe you missed the post where I said I was a fan of his now, especially after the big shot he made. Also its not a weak argument when your team is down 3-1 and without that big shot the series would have been over. After you go to the line to shoot 31 free throws and still lose the game, its pretty glaring. 8 turnovers to 2 turnovers if they come at crucial times during the game and they cause you to lose, they have a pretty big impact.
    Doing everything for the team, gets you to a 3-2 deficit in a series, when your the odds on favorite to get to the finals, is a problem to me. In conclusion, Id say my argument is pretty valid, since they are down in the series. What else you got. :D

6. tirk

you argument is terrible. you went from saying 9 in the second half to 8 in a game that went OT where he touched the ball every game down.

of course he almost never has near that amount of turnovers so its a ridiculous argument unless you're looking for a reason to criticize the guy which clearly you are.

you can say you're a fan all you want which is akin to sabanfan saying hes now a fan of obama.

lebron is the truth no matter how much you or I think we knew differently.

its time to swallow your foolish ego and simply deal with it instead of nitpicking one game in a postseason where hes done everything one guy can do with a team of scrubs.

last night he either scored or assisted in 31 straight points from the end of the 3q thru the 4th.

they know hes the only scoring option yet he still cannot be stopped.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

I see you dont want to debate about the facts of the series, instead you turn to personal insults. You've of all people lecturing me about a foolish ego:hihi:
    8 or 9. They came in the 4th quarter and overtime mostly. Thats what I stated, which is the truth. It was 8 to be accurate. However, the number doesnt matter, he had 4 big turnovers in the 4th quarter and overtime combined.
    Of course he is the truth, he is the best player in the league overall(tied with Kobe).
    Scrubs? now he has a team full of scrubs, with 2 All stars on the team.

I wonder what you will say, when they lose the series. That will be interesting. Its more than one game, they have lost 3 so far.

I wish I had an ego. Id be more apt to tell people to f-off.

8. tirk

if you'd pay attention youd see the facts you stated were lies which i had to point out. i dont make things up like you just to make my point.

there you go again. making things up. it was 8 the entire game. not 9 in the second half.

lie

i said that 3 posts ago. i know. remember, i corrected you.

oh wait, now its 4 BIG ones. i get it.

that had to hurt a little.

lets again play the game of how many you'd take before the lakers or orlandos starting 5.

i will say im shocked they took it to 6 or 7 when he has little help. id also say its likely his team would be rolling if he played for the lakers in place of kobe.

at least your math works when it fits your argument.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

I know he cant be stopped, however, if he can get the praise after a night like last night. Why cant he get criticisim after a game like game 4? You can have 40 plus points and 8 turnovers and still be criticized.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

Yes 4 Big turnovers at crucial points during the game. If you turn the ball over with your team down 2 with 30 seconds left, I would say thats a big turnover? It was 8 turnovers, I corrected my self, saying it was 9 turnovers isnt exactly some huge exaggeration you want to make it out to be. Maybe you just have to feel good about yourself about correcting me over 1 turnover difference on a mistake. You can have that one. I concede it the 1 turnover difference.:wink:

So now all of a sudden you had Orlando winning the series? I guess I missed that one. Fitting now that they are up 3-2.

Let me know if I made up anything else, like the huge +1 turnover I added to make my point.