Official NBA Playoff Thread-2009

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Apr 17, 2009.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Karl is crying about the officiating like Jackson was the last game. If anything Denver has benefited from the officials the entire series. I thought tonight's game was equally bad on both sides, so that cancels out any advantage. What's Kobe got to do to get a call? I know he went to the line 10 times, but it should've been at least 13-14. Kobe gets less calls then any superstar out there. Out of 5 drives to the basket when he's obviously fouled, he'll be lucky to go to the line 3 times. Melo went to the line more than he did tonight on Kobe's own home court. In the playoffs. That's ridiculous. At least the Lakers are mature enough to play through the bad calls most of the time. Denver self destructs when the calls don't go their way.

2. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Agree

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Odom was the difference last night and the Lakers finally played some real defense in the 4th Quarter. Kobe with 9 assist, is pretty good vs Lebron with 9 turnovers. B.....lol

4. pjnchamps

Agree when Odom does show up Lakers are a complete team also still think Brown should be getting more mins when he plays he produces. Bynum had a good first half too and the pick in roll w/Gasol produced good results. If Lakers can get their 3 point shooting back they will be dangerous. We also saw the real Billups too that we all know even M.Jackson said it right on one of Billups shots if Iverson would've shot the same shot it would've been a bad shot.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

Exactly, after Issy proclaimed Billups to be the truth, he shows his true colors. I dont understand the Lakers when they take bad shots, you got 4 scoring options, with Bryant, Gasol, Odom, and Bynum.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

this is the way i see it, i would still rather have lebron on my team than kobe. Ok ok, i hate kobe bryant, but thats not the point. Lebron has absolutely ZERO supporting cast. Lebron is forced to do everything on that team, and its getting him, well, about where it got Kobe, actually i think he has done alot better with nothing than Kobe ever did. Im still sticking with my Nuggets upset over the Lakers. Nuggets win game 6, and Carmello finally finds his shot in game 7.

Once again the officiating was horrible. I appreciate the fact that the refs let them play in the last 5 minutes of the game, but there is no consistency. Nene's last 3 fouls were b.s. but i will give the Lakers credit, Odom played great, Shannon Brown played great. The turning point of the game was the 3 straight bonehead turnovers by Billups late in the game. But back to the officiating. This goes both ways, i cannot understand what the hell the problem with these guys are. Anyone see that Phil Jackson got fined 25,000 dollars for comments he made about the officiating after game 4? He didnt even say anything. Why are these guys protected so much, and why arent there penalties for a poor job. If you or i screw up on the job, we could lose it, if refs screw up, the league covers for them, and fines anyone who says anything negative about them. Total B.S.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

Yep you go ahead and stick with that prediction. Lebron had 9 turnovers the last game in the 4th quarter. I'll take Kobe at the end of the game.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

finally a good game. it didnt exactly go down to the wire, no 2 OT. didnt involve some miraculous shot. but kobe passed a lot, both teams played great D and the refs laid off the whistle. the worst thing about basketball is all the fouls.

9. pjnchamps

Melo finally finds his shot??

Agree

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

carmello since game 3 has not shot the ball well at all.