Official NBA Playoff Thread-2009

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Apr 17, 2009.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

The NBA referees are awful. They are the most inconsistent out of any major sports. Im referring to both series as well. Its horrid to watch the calls. Lebron shot 24 free throws last game. They shot 86 free throws in that game alone. So Lebron shot 28% of all free throws in one game. Thats a bit much to me.

End of rant.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

Van Gundy may be the worst playoff coach in history. Why would guard the inbound guy with 1 second left and not double lebron. Front him and shade him with a guy behind him. So if the screen you can go over the top on the screen and make someone else take the shot.
    Hell of a shot by Lebron as well. I am now officially a fan of his.

3. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Agree both series are called bad I really hate all of the calls they called on Howard. That Denver game last night was ridiculous the referees should be on some type of grading scale where a commitee reviews games and there is some type of consequences for mistakes made by these officials. The way the officials call these games just add fuel to the fire of money taking/crooked officials or scripts. All I want is the calls to be even and called on a consistent basis.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Im glad denver won last night, but that game was almost unwatchable because of the officiating. Donte Jones trips Kobe, no foul was called. 3 technicals were called on the nuggets in the 4th quarter, all 3 were bogus. Birdman gets raped by Bynum, and they call flagrant 1. 84 free throw attempts by both teams. yes you read that right, 84 free throws. I can understand bad calls sometimes, but the refs are all over the place, consistency is not in the vocabulary of the NBA official.

5. pjnchamps

Kenyon Martin's Tech was his fault that was stupid on his fault just let Gasol's arm go there was no need for that and Birdman raped by Bynum is a very big stretch and no where near a flagrant foul.

6. LaSalleAve

If you watched that whole play gasol was the one who initiated that, and then did his best european soccer move by acting that k mart wouldnt let him go. If any technical should have been called, it should have been double technical. and im sorry bynum's only intention was to knock the hell out of birdman, he obviously got him in the face because headbands dont just walk down your face and end up covering your eyes. you arent "just going for the ball" when you slash both arms at a guy.

there is no excuse for the officials being so bad. if that were any other job, they would be fired. but they are protected by their master and pimp david stern.

7. LaSalleAve

anyone hear stan van gundy's comments the other night. apparently he is fed up with all the talk and hoopla about a Lebron and Kobe finals, and he proceeded to rip the BCS saying that "the NBA isnt the BCS, we dont decide our champions by popularity or voting, or something ridiculous like that, we play a legitimate sport." im trying to find a link but im coming up short, it was all over sportscenter last night.

8. pjnchamps

I saw it I kinda like his post game interviews

9. LSUMASTERMIND

Thats the only thing you could like about him, because his coaching is pretty much awful. Its almost like hes trying to cover the spread against his own team.

10. pjnchamps

lol true dont know how none of the Gundy's coached or announce games