Official 2015 LSU Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 5, 2014.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

We took a short train ride to where ever the match was played. I don't recall a break for tea.

2. Chris Tyler

Chris Tyler Freshman

Haha. I'm impressed that you guys have actually seen a cricket match. I love test matches myself...I try to go to the Boxing Day Test every year. Sitting in the Members section...getting booed whenever we don't stand up to join in the mexican wave (and even if we do, we still get booed). Other than test matches though, I don't really watch too much cricket. The One-Dayers I find a little dry and same with the T20's. Give me a game of AFL any day of the week...

Brian likes this.
  3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I would love to go to an AFL game. You guys need to do some exhibition games up here like our NFL does in London every year.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It wouldn't sell many tickets IMO. Americans have a sort of snobbery about the NFL and the way we play the game. I heard Aussies say that gridiron is boring, the play stops too often, the players are pussies because of all the protective gear....but they did like the occasional deep pass/WR talent....in other words, OBJ would be a phenomenal star down under.

The game can be exciting but if anything, the butcher-type official pointing his guns to declare a score would be ridiculed rather than appreciated and Americans would see a scramble of epic proportions rather than the finesse and play-calling oriented game they are used to.

That said....Go Hawks!

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Is that the guy dressed in all white, including the hat? I'm dating myself but I think I first saw that on ABC's Wide World of Sports many, many years ago.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

[​IMG]

COTiger and LSUDad like this.
  7. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

Here is another game that is fun to watch, but you generally have to be in Ireland:
    [​IMG]

8. Chris Tyler

Chris Tyler Freshman

We've had a few players come over and play AFL with a hurling background. That and Gaelic football. It's interesting hearing the things that Americans find strange about our game. Things like how the goal umpire goes about his business. Haha. Very funny. It's true that many Aussies don't appreciate American football as much as they should because of the fact you play in pads and it's very stop-start (our game is very constant). I used to be one of those people about five years ago before I started to understand the game a lot more and now I appreciate it a bunch.

Brian, Herb and shane0911 like this.
  9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Always looked at like a chess vs. checkers analogy. That said, I suck at chess.

10. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

The NCAA has outdone itself this time with the insane, contradictory rule about Financial Aid Agreements (FAA). With more early enrollees these days, schools are offering this document to EEs to I assume put their scholarships in writing. But just like verbals, the prospects can sign multiple ones since they are non-binding and ultimately renege even after signing this document. That isn't a big deal but what is and makes 0 sense is that although the advantage of then the school and the commit can have unlimited contact after the FAA is signed, IF the player ends up enrolling somewhere else, suddenly all that past unlimited contact is now ruled illegal. WWWWWHHHHAAAAATTTT!!! So let me get the straight, the school should have consulted a Ouija board or a psychic in order to know ahead of time, the kid's word and signature were worth squat. Apparently, LSU got some minor sanctions IMO for Womack not having any integrity and his word being about the worth the same as a criminal's. Fortunately, the sanctions only keeps LSU from using FAAs for 2 years (IMO they seem to be worthless anyway and obviously doesn't guarantee a kid will stick with you and has the issue described above) and loses 10% of off campus evaluation days of prospects...most schools don't use all their allowed time anyway. This "violation" was self-reported BTW by LSU.

Bottom line: FAA should be done away with completely OR the school should not be held responsible for the likes of Womack lying to the school both verbally in his commitment and in writing by his FAA signature. I just wish LSU would finally be the one that would find the balls to file a lawsuit against the NCAA and expose this FRAUD for what it is....insanely holding the school responsible for the reneging of a prospect. LSU did NOT pull the scholarship....Womack in this case simply lied both verbally and in writing as far as saying he was going to attend LSU. Shame on the NCAA and shame on LSU for not exposing this nonsense and removing even these minor sanctions with court action. All LSU would have to do is to threaten court action...the NCAA would immediately back down...they have 0% chance of prevailing on this...0%