Offensive Coordinator predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Perple, Dec 13, 2021.

1. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Not yet……

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

I feel the same way. I must first admit, I have intentionally not kept up with the NIL or transfer portal rules and regulations, but from what I’ve seen my mind tells me it is ruining what I thought was a more pure form of sport, as well as a great likelihood to separate a locker room because some kids will be driving expensive cars while others are on bicycles. The absurd increase in coaches salaries is only the tip of the iceberg when you throw in NILs.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    shane0911 and lsu-i-like like this.
  3. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

4. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

My question about MD as OC is that he just put up 218 total yards on Nicks kids, was that due to talent disparity or scheme? I do not look forward to 6 point games in the future. I am hoping he just did not have the horses to run with Bama but we will. any thoughts?

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Looking at his body of work and not just against Bama he looks solid to me. A little unfair to blame him against the best program in college football. Also I bet the Bama lineman knocked down 4 to 5 passes 2 which may have been TD's. Both Cincinnati and ND has success while he was OC. Let's see What he can do with SEC athletes, bet he will be like a kid in a candy store.

kluke likes this.
  6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I know the football PC thing to say is that Cincinnati won all its games so they are in the same playoff tier as Alabama, Georgia, and Michigan. But we know that's bullshit. Cincinnati might could have won against Michigan, but the talent gap between them and the Gump's and dogs is a chasm. And its even worse when you look at the back ups. Hell it was just as obvious a gap between Michigan and Georgia. Theoretically you can make some of that up with coaching and staff. UNLESS; you are on the short end of a gap there also. Saban has 11 football 'analysts' in addition to an coaching salary budget that could be double Cincinnati's. There was never any doubt on who would win that game.

7. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I hear what you're saying but we do play the best team in the country every year and 6 points ain't going to cut it. I think with the players to match we would be alright, I mean look at what Les did with that talent. I like a strong run with a passing game to keep them honest. Utilize TE and RB in the passing game, mix in some run, and take shots when available.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

its always crystal clear when the games already played. you could say the same against any of the other 130 teams vs bama. the results would be the same.

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

The offense you just described is a Kelly offense.

Herb and Pjoe like this.
  10. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Surprised that Austin Thomas out also. Scott brought him back. Looks like Kelly is going for the top to bottom overhaul and has the authority to do it.