October Ball: MLB Playoffs

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Dirt Dog, Oct 1, 2006.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

i would prefer that eckstein hit a hr to a walk, becaue that little bastard is driving me insane with the way he sprints to first.

we get it, you are scrappy, you try hard, now cut it out you dumbass midget.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

About pulling Reyes... Thanks Tony.. Thanks a bunch. sigh

oh and martin, quit being jealous of our midget

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

well lsugrad you shouldn't be shocked with LaRussa and his idiotic moves...Reyes was good for maybe 1 more inning...so the onslaught would have only been delayed

cardinals dreadful pitching staff comes back to reality tonite

no more wins for cardinals at Shea, so this one either ends in 6 or 7, depending on tomorrow nites outcome

4. areed7

areed7 Founding Member

Reyes had thrown about 90 pitches in 4 innings and had a ton of walks... he got into trouble every inning... LaRussa should have pulled him there. I don't know what you mean by 'idiotic" moves... everything he's done this postseason has worked out well and has managed his bullpen wonderfully until last night when the mets found out how to hit again. One more game at Busch tonight. I think the Cards still have an advantage with Maine v Carpenter and Trachsel v Suppan still in line.

5. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

TLR consistantly proves that his teams sometimes survive DESPITE his utter lack of crucial thinking skills under playoff level duress.

He sure was sharp last night, eh?

I feel genuinely sorry for you Cards fans...

6. islstl

I just wonder how many years they can take of LaRussa just plain failing them.

Pujols will single handedly make him look good in the regular season for years to come. Kinda sad, really.

7. islstl

Mets need to put Cards out of their misery. Hopefully they win tonite so they can end it in 6.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

does tim mccarver have to analyze every freaking thing on every pitch and in between? my god, the MPAA needs to count his total words in a broadcast the way they count cuss words in movies then put an x rating on it to warn people of the drivel to follow. that dude cant stfu to save his life.

also, is beltran the antithesis of arod or what in the postseason. arod has never had one swing as good as any of beltrans in the playoffs. never. if he ever made contact once that good he'd think he did something.

beltran has a homer every 6 at bats or so in postseason history leading everyone else I do believe.

just think if theisman and mccarver could do a broadcast together thatd be awesome. or not.

9. islstl

I think one of the most overrated players is Eckstein

for a dude that is the leadoff hitter of the Cards these past 3 years, he should be scoring about 130 runs a year...but he averages less than 90

and yet they talk about him likes he's some great player....average defensive player (and that's stretching it), can't steal bases, and he basically sucks

10. islstl

martin, did u win the lottery for WS tickets?