OC clearly not ready, not sure QB we need on roster

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Nov 14, 2021.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think it has everything to do with OL starting very slow and an OC who is just not very good (I thought he’d be good, very disappointing).

Perple likes this.
  2. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Brennan is gone, I think Nuss or Max (maybe both) will also go. Right now I like Max more. He needs work but I think it's mechanical and his judgement seems to be better than Nuss. Hard to tell with this play calling/offense/offensive line. Right now thinking we need help at running back and O line more than QB. Oh and NEW COACHES.

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

And a new strength and conditioning coach

4. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Nussmeier will never be a good quarterback. Max would do quite well with a good OC.

5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I thought MJ should have been given another series or two. I didn't think Nuss showed enough to have 'won' the QB battle. I like MJ's decision making progress. A gun slinger is only a gun slinger if it works; otherwise he's reckless.

rockwallfan, Hou-duco and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

i think maybe both qbs could be good, but we won't know until they have good coaching and play calling taking advantage their strength. what i don't like is leaving a rookie gunslinger in when the games on the line and you have options. that's not doing our team or the 2 qbs justice. they clearly have different skillsets.
    aranda and grimes. keep jones and let him learn under aranda's guidance.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Shea Dixon tweets from CEO PC that Max is still starting QB, and reminds us that Nuss can still redshirt if he doesn't play again. Sounds good; if we get up big Saturday, let Tavion Faulk or Matt O'Dowd have some snaps.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Nuss has a cannon, but likes to live dangerous. Looks to be more of an issue with live game reps so gonna have to take some lumps if he is ever the guy.

Max just looks worse from the start of the season. I dont know if Nuss is the answer, but Max doesnt seem to get building upon anything and looks more shaky each game. It could also be lack of trust in WRs as we really dont have much depth right now.

9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Young inexperienced QBs do better with stability and consistency to grow. Not a lot of those two qualities around this program since Max has been here.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

While true, all we can do is judge the on the field performance