Obligatory NBA Season Thread 2012-2013

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 30, 2012.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I can't wait til no sleep til Brooklyn comes through.

Ok it took 1 game for me to agree mike brown is terrible. A Princeton offense with Nash? Is he trying to lose.

Nash's asset is running the floor. Howard is getting hack a shaqd in a half court set and actually shoots worse fts than shaq. This is a terrible idea. They got destroyed and mike brown had no idea why.

Not sure I can watch this all year. I will say this jordan hill fella plays hard.

Although I recognized no one on the Mavs team. Collison, brand, oj mayo. Its like Cuban threw a bunch of names in a hat. But they somehow played well together.

Anyhow turns out shitty cox lost their hornets bid to fox sports new Orleans. A new channel that is supposed to carry most if not all the games.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I told you he is terrible. He is a glorified college coach with no sense of who is on the floor.
    The Mavs have Eddy Curry as starting center. He is the worst player in the league, he was waived 2 weeks ago and now is starting for the Mavs and they still beat the Lakers, you know why?
    Coaching.

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I haven't watched a game since the lockout. I got tired of watching guys making millios whine like little bitches. It actually makes me happy to know most NBA players go broke after leaving the game. Maybe one day I'll start watching again but not any time soon. Truth is, I don't watch any sports other than football and golf.

One thing that could change that is if the Hornets with their two rookies come out hot and play well. If the hornets became a contender and an exciting team to watch, I could see myself getting back into it.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

severely flawed logic. Football had a lockout, work stoppage, whatever you want to call it. players whined like little bitches in that situation, but you are still watching football. And a lot of them go broke after they finish playing as well. Most is misguided word to use.

5. mobius481

I felt like football was different. The players were and still are getting screwed as far as revenue split etc. Football teams are wildly profitable whereas basketball teams are not. Not to mention the sacrifice football players make and the average career span. There aren't guys sitting on the bench making $8 million. It just seemed like a totally different argument to me. Plus, I could never quit football. I just couldn't no matter how mad I was. As I mentioned above, I will go back to basketball some day, just not now.

The 30 for 30 said a study found that 78% of professional athletes go broke within a certain number of years (I think it was 3) of retiring. I'm not saying they're all bad guys, but there are a lot of guys that I just can't stand. Some in the NFL too, but not as many.

Saying I'm happy they have gone broke takes it a little far. That's not true, but watching professional athletes act like idiots is annoying to me.

Edit: Oh yeah, and football didn't miss any games due to the strike.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

They didnt miss any games but the argument was the same.
    The sports are different but it is a job for all involved. They sacrifice bodies, time with family, etc and we continue to pay for the entertainment.

7. mobius481

Not missing games is a big deal. That's when negotiations go from smart and hard nosed to pretty stupid. And I disagree that it's the same deal between the sports. Much of what the NFL players were fighting for was safety related issues to extend their ability to play football. In basketball it was just about money. They were trying to grab even more money from their employers. It was off putting to me.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Game day for the Hornets! My opinion is, if Gordon, and Davis stay healthy, and Lopez can contribute meaningful numbers as a starting center (he's been a career 6 point, 3 rebound guy off the bench), the Hornets could contend for a 7 or 8 playoff seed. Davis, I think, is ready to be an impact player, but Rivers is going to need time to develop as a pro point guard. Vasquez is a nice PG to have in the meantime, but if Gordon goes down and Rivers has to be a 40 minute guy right off the bat, there's going to be trouble.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

its going to be hard to make the playoffs in the West, but yes I think the Hornets can do it this year.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Kaman and dirk out yet they were never close. I may have to change my pick after one game until there's a coaching change. Nash playing off the ball. You can't make that stuff up.