Obama's grade: INCOMPLETE

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

Obama disrespected the office of the POTUS shortly after his election in 2008 when he went on his world wide apology tour apologizing to country after country about how the United States is to blame for all their problems and sufferings. I won't respect him if he won't even respect his own office.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

pure drivel, post some facts where he apologized to any country or stfu with that nonsense.

3. Mr. Peabody

4. LSUMASTERMIND

5. Mr. Peabody

LOL

Apparently, you're going to dismiss anything I dig up, so why bother?

6. LSUMASTERMIND

not at all, show me the entire context anything other than something from a Super Pac or hit piece. I'll admit it when Im wrong about something.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I don't agree with much of anything about Obama, but he is our Leader. Even when I think he does a poor job, his position alone commands the respect on behalf of everyone who has died for this great great country.

Obama is an American president and we all should respect that.

He has not pissed on our good name. You cannot fault the man for the principles in which he holds himself, his intentions I believe, are honest.

He has shown the ability to make hard decisions, even wrong in some eyes, but makes them for the betterment of what this country stands for.

He is not out to destroy us. That at the very least should be clear.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What is with the America doesn't apologize bullshit? We killed thousands of people that didn't deserve it but fuck it we are America get over it. I like the fact that he apologized for the bumbling and complete failure of the previous administration. Takes guts to say you are sorry. Takes none to never admit you are wrong.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Give me an instance. Good luck with that because this is a bullshit charge the republicans keep repeating although it has been disproven many times.

http://www.politifact.com/texas/sta...-cruz-says-obama-made-worldwide-apology-tour/

Obama made no secret during the campaign that he intended to set a different course on foreign policy than Bush -- a committed unilateralist -- had pursued.

Yet it’s incorrect to portray these early speeches as part of a global apology tour. Using this standard, you could argue that any change in foreign policy that’s undertaken after a presidential transition and announced to the world would constitute an "apology" for the previous policy.

Obama's speeches contained criticisms of past U.S. actions, but not one full-throated apology. Cruz’s debate claim is so far off the mark, it’s ridiculous. Pants on Fire!

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member