Obama weakens and endangers America once again...

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Apr 17, 2009.

1. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Or just the fear of "harsh" interrogation techniques reinforced by controlled physical discomfort. We can't feed them jello, then threaten to hurt them if they do not talk. Perception should be that we are capable of doing anything...fear of pain can be just as useful as pain itself. The bleeding hearts are doing everything they can to shackle us and this will lead to many more American casualties.

2. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Not when unnamed sources are your only source. No journalist worth a damn would write an article with so many unnamed sources, or claim to have seen a classified intelligence document, while only naming one source that doesn't support the previous unnamed sources.

Again, no one ever said all detainees were terrorist...ever. Which is why I assumed you were trying to say that some people were innocent of any wrong doing.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Yea im pretty much confused now. But it was a good debate while it lasted.

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

You can extract credible information simply by applying a file across ones canine teeth all without a need for a garden hose. This method has an incredible success rate. Spetsnatz 101

You are right though that you can get false confessions which I feel, is well worth the risk.

5. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

:hihi: Next!

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

ok, you got me, i was wrong. it can extract reliable information, but how efficient is it in doing so? if you get 500 "facts" but only 1 is valuable how good is the technique. i would think that an extremely inefficient method is worse than no method because so much time and resources are wasted.

i dont have a problem with torture, but i do think it should be used sparingly and only as a last resort. these scumbags that are captured as enemy combatants dont have the right to trial.

it makes complete sense to me that torture doesnt give good info. it gives info. tortured dude, if he breaks, will not tell you what he knows, he will tell you what he thinks you want to hear. whatever it takes to stop the torture.

btw, stop with the pc "harsh interrogation" bs. its torture, you know it. dont be a p_$$y.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

without ketamine i guess.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

Hey I believe Im right and you believe that you're right.
    I just think you really confused what I was actually saying. Wouldnt be your first time

9. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

One aspect of this that I missed before:

Many people were upset that we have now shared our techniques with the outside world, and that now the terrorists will be able to train to resist it.

In reality, these techniques are taught to many our soldiers in SERE training, which is the training that teaches them to resist interrogation. There are countless manuals detailing these techniques that are freely available. It took me about 3 minutes to find copies of the SERE training manual online, and other manuals including the methods used by the Chinese.

So while there is some legitimate concern that Obama has weakened the countries ability to gain information, it isn't because we have revealed our methods.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

Something a little bit more fascinating.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103360220&ft=1&f=1003

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090422/ap_on_go_co/us_interrogation_memos_senate_11
    Conservative Spin doctors your move, lol