Obama weakens and endangers America once again...

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Does anyone else still find it funny that most people won't admit to what torture is and man up to admitting they are ok with it.

Not to mention a country built on Christian Values where the messiah was tortured himself.

Oh the hypocracy surrounds us.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

After watching innocent people jump out of a 100th floor window, I would enjoy watching those guys get their fingers cut off one at a time then dipping the stumps in salt. If we got information? Bonus!

What they did get was the equivalent of having their hair washed by an angry spouse.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

psssst. they died in the planes too.

besides, hurting them doesnt hurt them, it just makes them more respected and proud. you either need to disrespect them or love them. actually, im surprised that the Dems havent tried lovey-dovey reconciliation thru muslim scholarships or something.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There were 700 prisoners at Gitmo. Maybe a half dozen of them had any connection to 9/11.

They've had several interrogation experts on the tube this past week who made good points that are worth remembering.

1. A certain percentage of the prisoners one interrogates is innocent. Often a very high percentage.

2. Under torture people will tell you what you want to hear. The effort expended acting on bogus confessions often cancels out the benefits of the real confessions.

3. The best interrogation technique is and has always been The Patient Technique. Extended, low-level interrogation techniques will break down any prisoner in time. They good cop-bad cop them. They play one prisoner off against another. They reward and withhold rewards. They wear them down. The Helsinki Syndrome comes into play and prisoners begin to sympathize with their captors. Prisoners begin to have self doubts.

4. The best interrogators can not only get the information that they seek, but can often turn agents around and get them working for our side. When torture is used, that never happens.​

5. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Just say you're all right with torture, it's fine to have that opinion. But, it is torture. What they're doing is drowning you and stopping before you die.

And something tells me you would think so if they did it to you.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

the demographic that favors torture the most---white evangelicals

the demographic that favors torture the least---unaffiliated (non-religious)

very interesting. i'd bet that the same holds for death penalty too (whoops, forgot about the catholics.)

Pew Forum: The Religious Dimensions of the Torture Debate

7. red55

I've always found it interesting that the "pro-life" movement is only in favor of one "life" issue--anti-abortion. They almost all support the death penalty, torture, and eliminating health care for the poor.

2 people like this.
  8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I don't think you know very many pro-life folks.

1 person likes this.
  9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

he left out the catholics. thats easy to do (even in La). the fundies are much louder. i know tons of pro-lifers (myself included) and i can only think of one other that is anti-death penalty (yes a catholic)

10. red55

I'm afraid that I do.