Notre Dame loses: Weis now on the hotseat

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Nov 22, 2008.

1. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

I did just that:

Religion : Christian - other

2. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Oddly enough I went to church with him in BR and still do in Tuscaloosa. Point is he doesn't go to sleep saying the rosary so Notre Dame's religious affiliation doesnt matter.

I wonder how often Nick updates his MySpace page? Probably a big priority in his life.

Care to share? ;) I doubt Nick is going to kill himself if he loses just two games in a rebuilding year. jmo of course.

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Ah, I see what you are talking about, this page:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=104140698

If that's his official myspace page, I doubt Saban has a whole lot to do with it, the people responsible for it are probably college interns.

They don't hold near as much weight as the professional journalists I cited above or the priest they quote above, claiming Saban is a devout Catholic.

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Going to sleep saying the rosary? That was circa 1950s. Nowadays, the test of a devout Catholic is just one that goes to church every Sunday. And regardless of your level of participation in the Catholic Church, the Catholic Church is like a tribe or a clan, like family. Sure many people raised as Catholics aren't a big fan of the Catholic Church anymore, and they go on with their lives without the Catholic Church. But if you still go out of your way to be part of the Catholic Church you are probably proud to be a Catholic.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Thanks for that update.

So you know how religious he is by his fake MySpace page? Interesting Johnny. You and Red might be on opposite ends when it comes to using Google.

7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Read above.

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Cool. So what church does Les go to? Think it is his dream to coach a team like Wake Forest or Baylor one day?

9. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I have no idea what church Les goes to. Nobody dreams of coaching at Wake or Baylor. Many dream of coaching at Notre Dame, following in the footsteps of Knute Rockne (3 National Championships), Frank Leahy (4 National Championships), Ara Parseghian (2 National Championships), Dan Devine (1 National Championship), and Lou Holtz (1 National Championship). You think block-buster inspirational movies like Rudy are made about players playing for Wake or Baylor?

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

So its because of the history, not the fact that is Catholic? Cool, glad we're on the same page now.