News Not Official, But Landon Collins headed to Bama

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Dec 6, 2011.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

yep.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

How is that? We are going to finish in the top-3 of recruiting, so we ain't exactly signing nobodies and we've raided Alabama shamelessly in the last decade.

What is important is signing people that meet out needs and I've been happy with that for four straight years.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well actually he should have worried about the ones he lost.

His cost him his job eventually.

4. islstl

5. islstl

Don't think #3 fit into our plans.

We certainly have NOT lost #1 and I don't think we will.

6. roynav

roynav free your mind

Why? Really. For the love of God, why? Does she have a thing for red clay? Gap toothed smiles? Funny sounding people? Bad food? I just dont get it.

7. Brian

Brian Founding Member

I'd say Tepper cost him his job.

8. 1BIGTIGER

1BIGTIGER Founding Member

9. islstl

10. LSU Logic

LSU Logic Founding Member

Im not going to say anything badly towards Devall. The staff obviously recruited him, and fairly hard, and we lost out to BAMA. While this is a loss, it hurts less this year than any other I can remember. The type of role he would fit in, is something I believe we covered and then some as far as our needs in this class. It hurts more than he went to BAMA, but honestly, when we beat Saban, I enjoy it more knowing that they are one of the best. If they didnt win a few recruiting battles or have a near pristine record every year, beating them wouldnt be as sweet. I pull for LA kids that play elsewhere as long as: they arent playing against LSU and they dont pull some Janzen type theatrics.

As for Collins, hes just a kid. Some say he is having fun with everyone and will chose LSU in the end. I dont buy that. I think he really is torn. When you are that age, its easy to be whimsical, crave adventure, and be spontaneous. Its not always so black and white. We are fans of LSU, so the decision seems clear to us. Life isnt always that way when you are living it guys. I think he would be better off at LSU, not just as a fan, but because there isnt anything in BAMA that he cant get here, or better. That said, if its his GF or Lacy or he just loves wearing crimson socks, its his choice. I think he will excel at either place, and I will hope he does well either way. I just hope he joins the LSU family, where he will be among friends, and close to his kin.

We will be fine. DBs are another area we will not be even close to hurting for at least a few years. I am less afraid to lose Collins than I am Cooper. As long as he is coaching back there, we can lose quite a number of great prospects, and this guy still churns out studs from raw prospects. Best of luck to Collins in this difficult process