News Not Official, But Landon Collins headed to Bama

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Herb

Herb Founding Member

If Landon Collins winds up at Bama, I wish him luck. Hopefully the "Janzen curse" won't afflict him.

One thing about this program is that there is no shortage of players that want to be here and play their hearts out for us.

2. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

While we are pretty set at that position its never good when you lose two of the states top players to a rival school. Bama is coming into La on a pretty regular basis. The program is doing exceptional, but its never good to lose top instate talent. Hopefully Collins ends up at LSU in the end. I dont get how you can grow up in La and not wanna play here.

3. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

My thought exactly!

4. tiggermojo

tiggermojo Freshman

I think I'm confused. It looks to me like they got #s 2,4, and six? I did notice that LSU didn't have a single Bammer kid.

Also, this would all be sooo much simpler if SEC schools had the same code of honor as BYU. Wonder if the GF issue would be so all-consuming to some:rolleye33:

Personally I would take Dorial Green-Beckham in a flash. He's phenomenal AND we need personnel there. Still would suck to lose such a highly ranked kid as Collins, especially to Bammer.

I'm sorry folks, but I guess I don't have the high level of integrity as many of you. I will not be able to support him at Bammer, cuz that would simply translate to support for them and Satan----not gonna happen. I would wish him no ill will or physical and/or emotional issues though.

5. Brian

Brian Founding Member

You can hope a kid does really well and still root against a rival program and the success of a specific coach.

Look at Janzen Jackson for example. He was having great success on the field while at Tennessee, but the program itself is pretty much crippled with the Kiffin debacle and the questionable recruiting and the fact some think Dooley doesn't have control of that program. (Janzen's a poor example since he had off the field issues that led to his dismissal from UT and also in the sense that he lied to LSU and thus earned the enmity of many LSU fans.. Landon hasn't done anything remotely similar. If he chooses to go elsewhere I do hope he does well. I also would hope LSU crushes whatever team he would play for if they met. You get my point though. A kid can go somewhere and achieve personal success and the team he goes to does not.)

6. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

Eddie Lacy is a good example of this for me. I wish he had come to LSU, but he went to Bama. I don't like Bama, and hope we crush Bama every time we play them, I hope Lacy rushes for 0 yards when he plays LSU, but I also hope Lacy has a good career and success at Bama and can move on to the NFL and represent the state of Louisiana in his NFL career.:geaux:

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

false. that would be LSU's William Stephen "Bill" Arnsparger.

so are we really losing 3 of the top 6 instate players to the gumpers? that doesnt sound healthy.

8. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Alabama needs to heavily recruit out of state as they don't have comparable talent to what LSU has in state.

Even if Alabama doesn't lose a single recruit to Auburn they will still need to fill positions from other states.

When LSU goes out of state I wouldn't expect many recruits to come from Alabama unless they're from the coastal area. We have better talent to scout in TX, FL, GA, and MS.

We have a few players from AL on the team. We have a ton of homegrown LA talent! I like it that way.

9. Bullday11

Bullday11 Freshman

Yea, but she won't be.

10. Bullday11

Bullday11 Freshman

Total agreement.