Not a fan of how Kelly left ND! The players deserved better!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Dec 2, 2021.

1. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

2. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I understand what some of you guys are saying, but these are young kids/men that came to Notre Dame to play for him. Just because other coaches have done it, doesn't make it right. It's called respect and I think the players deserved at least a handshake, a hug or a tap on the back. That team is in the middle of a possible NC run and had the rug pulled out from underneath them. Those guys committed many long hours and years to Kelly and they deserved more than a short speech and a quick exit. So those of you saying you're okay with how Kelly handled the situation, don't complain and moan when a star player suddenly transfers out or a player quits on LSU midseason - and many have recently - or sits out the entire season to sit on the sideline to get ready for the NFL draft. Maybe I'm old school, but I was raised that you treat others the way you want to be treated and you look another man in the eyes and thank him for a job well done. Like I stated before, I'm glad Kelly is our coach, but those players deserved a lot better than what they received.

rockwallfan and Hou-duco like this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Kelly made his decision. He is no different than when Saban left and many many others. We needed this guy now and as I have said before long goodbyes are awkward and sometimes causes more drama. Let's not play into our distractors hand who want to cause us trouble. The woke MSM and woke ESPN don't like us deplorables don here on da bayou anyway. Let's back this guy till he gives us good reason not to.

4. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

I wonder what the average amount of time a departing HC spends with the team before saying adios. I suspect Brian's time is probably the norm.

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Please show me videos where any coach did more than what Kelly did.
    Riley got the eff out of Oklahoma at 4:30 AM the day after he was hired and didn't meet with his players at all.
    Napier basically did the same.

At least Kelly was man enough to look those kids in the eye and inform them in person.

6. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

Y’all gotta work on his accent. His attempt at a southern accent was a bit off.

7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

what’s your prediction for tomorrow?

8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

5a298e7fc0b4dd0001e35e50_COyx1NvWEAAbANh.jpg

9. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I really don't think that was intentional. Kind of like an American in London after 24 hours and they start calling others 'mate', etc.,.

MikeInLa and BornOnTheBayou like this.
  10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member