Nobody is safe in the NBA West

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Feb 4, 2008.

1. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

Thanks for putting words in my mouth. I like Kobe a whole lot more than Lebron and the fact that I think that Paul should be the MVP doesn't mean that I'm against Kobe (can you understand that?). I guess what you're saying that he is making his teammates better this year but failed to do so in previous years. I don't buy that, he has done nothing different than what he's done in previous years, which has been amazing. The reason for the Lakers improvement is that his teammates have improved a lot from last year and that doesn't mean that Kobe has made them better.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

No problem
    I not judging on who you like more. Thats what the voters do.

No, he makes them better every year.

Every team gets better when the supporting cast gets better. It doesnt mean Kobe made them better, but he did. He gets them involved early unlike previous years because of how young they are. He has matured and understands the young guys need to get involved early. No one player makes a team, and no one player kills them. You think the Hornets are better just because of CP3?

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The West just got crazier with Houston handing the Hornets a MAJOR beat down.

Houston is officially for real and a huge threat.

4. ddt

ddt Founding Member

Houston could be a tough matchup for some teams...maybe the Spurs, Mavs, or Hornets but they still have a little ways to go to match up with LA, Phoenix, Utah, Denver. If T-Mac can get to 100% and play like he did tonight they can make some noise.

As mentioned before, it's crazy that Portland and Denver wouldn't even make the playoffs if the season ended now but would be a 4-5 seed in the East...now that's called parody.

5. clair

clair Rockets

we won 11 in a row.

1 against the best in the west standings.
    1 against each finals team from this past year (2 against Cleveland)

what more is there to do to show you?

We took Utah to 7 last year.

We added Scola, Landry, Brooks
    They subtracted Fisher.

we dominated them in their building earlier in the year. They did come back and beat us 3-4 weeks ago, but the T-Mac/Yao combo was only in 50% commission in that game.

LA and Phoenix will be tough. But they will be tough for anyone. It doesn't make Houston less of a threat.
    Denver? Please. They won't even make it.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Jazz also added Korver and the Jazz match up really well against the Rockets.

The series could have been way worse then it turned out to be last year.

7. clair

clair Rockets

Scola, Landry, Brooks way, way, way > Korver.

But I do agree. They're real, real close (have the exact same record right now, I think after the Jazz's loss tonight).

I wasn't debating Houston being way better than Utah. I was just debating that they are in another league as Houston, like the original post implied. We saw a 7-game series just last year that disproved that. And Houston has gotten a ton better.

8. clair

clair Rockets

does anybody else see these playoffs this year being a potential black-eye for the NBA?

I see 8 teams real evenly matched, so that means 6-7 close games in every series.

which means referees will literally decide series's.

I think ratings will be through the roof, but I can see the officials botching this whole playoffs real bad.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Yea all of the top 6-7 teams in the West are in the same league right now. So we can agree on that and watch one of the best NBA seasons in a long time.

BTW, Korver > Fisher and the Jazz didn't need anyone else. Low turnover is a good thing with the chemistry and team ball players they have right now.

10. clair

clair Rockets

until I see Korver do his antics in the Finals like I've seen Fisher do in the past, I'll strongly disagree with that.

I do like Korver...especially for a stiff like Giricek. That is one of the best trades of the year so far.