No Changes Until After Bowl Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by StadiumSalute, Dec 11, 2008.

1. StadiumSalute

StadiumSalute It's Gameday!

Sorry if this was already posted...

http://blog.nola.com/lsusports/2008/12/lsus_les_miles_says_no_changes.html

Is CLM waiting too long? I think so...

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

If Chavis isn't hired by Dec 31, that should tell us a lot.

3. clair

clair Rockets

Take a deep breathe, people.

I fully expect Koenning to be hired the day after the bowl game.

:shock:

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Miles made it on Thursday clear nothing would happen until January. He said he wanted his coaching staff to focus on recruiting and bowl preparation.

"Our staff is doing everything they can to recruit a great class," he said. "They are on the road constantly and will return to prepare a gameplan for this bowl game. I will look at and evaluate any considerations beyond this bowl game very quickly but frankly we're going to need all focus...to prepare and play well in this bowl game."

We are in the final push of what will most probably be the greatest recruiting class in LSU history, and I've read plenty about how Peveto has been working hard on putting this class together.

5. tenebrism

tenebrism Founding Member

that has nothing to do with mallory.

and while i agree and recognize that what peveto is doing right now is important, he's the biggest problem on this coaching staff and in my opinion is the one who should be gone right now.

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

how do we know which of two were the bigger problem?

I know together they were unimpressive, but seriously, how do you know which one gets more blame than the other?

7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Personally, I'm not too worried about them finishing off the season with the team. Actually, I think it's a pretty good idea. We only have two weeks of practice before the bowl game. Having a new DC coming in now would hurt us more than help us.

However, I hope we have a new DC lined up for 2009, and I believe we've got a search firm working on that, and that it might even be a done deal already.

8. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

It doesn't do any good to fire coaches right now. New coaches will not have enough time to affect the bowl game anyway. It doesn't mean Miles isn't pursuing all his options now. He's just not going public or firing anyone right now.

Let it play out and see before we get catastrophe syndrome.

9. StadiumSalute

StadiumSalute It's Gameday!

He said that there won't be any changes until after the bowl game. To me, that says there are currently no positions available. While there may be things going on behind the scenes, to me it's not a good sign if coaches who are interested hear this.

10. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

You're supposing that Miles hasn't already talked to coaches he's interested in.

One thing I've learned, Miles will lie to the press. What he says is not always what he thinks or does.