Nikki Haley refuses to name slavery as a cause of the Civil War

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...slavery-asked-name-cause-civil-war-rcna131407

“I think the cause of the Civil War was basically how government was going to run — the freedoms and what people could and couldn’t do... I think it always comes down to the role of government and what the rights of the people are. And I will always stand by the fact that I think government was intended to secure the rights and freedoms of the people. It was never meant to be all things to all people."

After the voter responded by saying he found it “astonishing” that Haley had not used the word “slavery” at any point in her answer, she asked, “What do you want me to say about slavery?”

She wants the GOP nomination and she knows, of course, that acknowledging a white supremacist past will hurt her primary chances among that white supremacist party. It's their evil that should never be admitted, but adhered to with euphemisms and denialism.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
  2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

does she know the difference between a man and a woman?

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

What did the slaves smell like Rex

shane0911 likes this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

lol Nikki is racist haha walls closing in haha racist insiders say she smells

the wise man argues against Haley by claiming she is too pro-war

5. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

The left makes people of color only spaces, today. Sounds like they’re doing the white supremacists job for them

fanatic likes this.
  6. Rex

Rex Founding Member

So tell me why Nikki refused to mention slavery as a cause for the Civil War. How was this the left making "people of color only spaces" instead of Nikki refusing to acknowledge their historical place?

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

because lol she is racist haha walls closing in racist

lol racist

trump smells

walls closing in racist racist racist

racist

for the record I have read quite a bit about the civil war and the answer is actually a little more complicated than just slavery. but these days all issues must result in one and only one conclusion. you are racist. LOL RACISSSSSSSS LOLZOIDS TWITTER SEz U RACISSSSS

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You should write her a letter explaining the democrats starting a war over keeping their slaves and the Republican president who saved them.

9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Which party parades with Confederate flags? Which party fights hard to keep memorials to Confederate traitors? Which party wants to erase Civil War history that does not revere Confederate traitors, such as Nikki just did? This is not 1865, moron.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

right the indian woman from immigrant family is a white supremacist.

do you not every look at yourself and what your party is? the one issue party? you have to stand for something besides "YOU LOL ARE RACISS LOL" . try to be an adult. to think of another issue besides the latest twitter rumors about who is a racist.