NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME-Saints Vs Vikings Sunday 1/24 5:40pm

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

NFC Championship game, the Saints 2nd in 4 years. This will be a great game.

The Saints open up as a 4.5 point favorite.

I can't tell you how excited I am about this game and I know of all you are equally as excited.

WHO DAAAAT!!!!!!!!!

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Re: NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME-Saints Vs Viking Sunday 1/24 5:40pm

Yep. And, Minnesota is not a great road team, but obviously they are talented. Their coach may be their demise; he's a knucklehead. Thankfully, Brees gets the ball out quick b/c their d-line looked awfully good today. I think we take them pulling away in the 3rd, 38-24.

3. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Any word yet on the status of Ray Edwards? He looked good with a few sacks before leaving with a knee injury. He came back but left again.

I also haven't heard anything about Shockey. We need him for blocking and short routes.

4. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Any scouting report as to how the Minnesota d-line matches up with the Saints O-line? They did quite a job pressuring Romo today.

5. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

The Saints are FINALLY gonna put that piece of sh!t Favre in a grave where he belongs!!!

STAND UP AND GET CRUNK!!!!

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

And I will be in the Dome for this one, baby!

The Vikes will present a much bigger challenge on both sides of the ball than the Cards. On offense, obviously AP is a much more dangerous running back than anyone the Cards lined up. While Favre, like Warner, can be pressured into mistakes, he's much more mobile than Warner. Rice, Harvin and Berriman, along with the TE who's name escapes me, are not as talented as Fitzgerald, ED and co, but not that far behind. I think we'll have to stack the box against AP, press the WRs at the line and dare Favre to beat us.

Defensively, its all about their pass rush. The way they got after Romo today scares me. One play in particular blew me away: from a 4-man front, they walked 2 LBs up to the line. Then one of the LB's blitzed, while the other, along with one lineman dropped into coverage. Meanwhile, the safety blitzed from about 10 yards off the line. Romo looked like he had no idea where they were coming from....sack. The monkey is definitely on the o-line's collective backs this week. Both Pierre and Reggie are going to have to hit them for good yardage early, and force them to respect the play action pass. We'll probably have to hold someone back to help in pass protection. If we can throw consistently with 6 in protection and only 4 receivers in the pattern, book your flight to Miami!

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Unlike 2 yrs ago, I really didn't think we were gonna win that game, whereas this time I do. Should the Saints play like they did against the Cards it will be Super Bowl time.

8. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

I'd look real hard at the Arizona vs Minn game earlier this year. At the time both teams had a lot to play for. They hadn't clinched their conferences yet and Minn was trying to stay 1 game behind us. The Cards beat them 30-17 and they hardly got to Warner at all. Farve only had 3 picks all season and the Cards got him for 2 more and converted them for points. Also that right DE who was killing Romo yesterday didn't have 1 sack. I remember one of the things the Cards did was to run right at him. They let him do his upfield speed rush and just gave him a little bump and let him take himself out of the run play. After he got burned pretty bad on several runs he had to start to think and his pass rush went WAY down hill. If we get any pressure on Favre he is going to start doing his throw off of the back foot thing which I saw him do several times yesterday then let Sharper play catch to his pitch.

9. *LSUTiger*

*LSUTiger* LSU/CLEMSON

BAD KARMA ALREADY?

10. *LSUTiger*

*LSUTiger* LSU/CLEMSON

He will be playing :thumb:
    NFL.com Blogs Blog Archive Vikings DE Edwards expected to play vs. Saints