New Orleans Saints Offseason and Draft Thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by pjnchamps, Feb 21, 2008.

1. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

With regards to Faine, I seem to remember us going on a 4 game winning streak when he was out and Goodwin was in. He came back and we started falling apart again.

It's cool though. He's good, but not great, and definitely not worth the contract he got at Tampa.

2. clair

clair Rockets

so it's fair when you make those comparisons for an offensive lineman, but not for Deuce when I say the team was 0-3 without him?

interesting.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think we need 1 more DB and a FS (Bullocks doesn't belong on an NFL team, much less a starter).

We also need an impact OLB now to go along with Fujita and Vilma. Someone who can blitz the QB.

We signed Bobby McCray as a pass rushing DE. He had 10 sacks during the 06 season but did not fare that well in 07 (only started 9 games with 3 sacks).

What's the news on Smith? Are we giving up on him, cuz he really underperformed last season and I don't want to see the Saints throwing big money his way without warrant. Is this McCray signing indicate that maybe the Saints are going away from Smith?

4. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Yes, because the line played noticeably better as a unit with Goodwin in there, which allowed Reggie and the other RBs to play better, as they had more holes to run through. It also gave Drew more time to throw and not rush his passes. I saw nothing in those first three losses that showed that Deuce was the one holding the offense back.

5. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Absolutely not, in my opinion, anyway. McCray I think was brought in for depth and for third down situations. He wasn't a starter in Jacksonville originally, but fell into that position when an injury hit the starter. He did play very well, which will be good in case Smith or Grant go down, or Grant decides to not play up to his potential like he has in the past at times.

6. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Warrick Dunn was released by the Atlanta Falcons as a result of the signing of Michael Turner.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

dunn is one of my favorite players so I follow him pretty closely. he was so terrible last year it was clear jerious norwood should have been the starter. wd's ypc had to be less than 3 most games. maybe his spirit was just broken being in that wasteland of atlanta and petrino.

saints dont need a guy like this with stecker on the roster who is much better at this point.

8. razer

razer unregistered offender

there's a guy I would love for us to pick up...as much as I know someone's gonna prob say we don't need him.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i bet someone does too.

10. razer

razer unregistered offender

lol, yeah that's what I get for not reading all the way down. was just commenting on pjn's post when I first saw it.

1 person likes this.