New Orleans Saints Offseason and Draft Thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by pjnchamps, Feb 21, 2008.

1. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Those our my Dallas Dreams trying to be a lil realistic but have hope for change at the same for the Saints who like to spend no money.

2. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

I like the two RB system as stated before. Its just the loyalty factor with Deuce.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The tenth pick is too high for a cornerback 99 times out of 100. The saints would be a lot better off signing a veteran and drafting a corner in the later rounds. With the talent at both defensive and offensive tackle in this draft I think either of those positions would be a good pick in the first round.

Then again maybe I have been thinking about Alex Molden too much.

4. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I'd agree with that logic. Frankly, I'm not too enthused about this draft class. On the otherhand, I think there will be a decent amount of sleepers.

5. clair

clair Rockets

Deuce is:

30 (or about to be). That is the age running backs go to die.

Has had 2 season-ending knee surgeries

had 90 yds rushing in the 3 games he did play (all Saints losses).

It's time the Saints take the old dog behind the shed, if you ask me.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Let me know how much red you get for this one.

7. clair

clair Rockets

probably a lot, but tell me it isn't true.

Dude is probably the 2-3rd highest paid player on the team at a position they have replacements for him.

I don't mind him being on the team. I just mind him being the 6-7 million a year man that he is.

Cut him and sign him back for less money in a 1-year deal.

If he is truly "healthy", he will earn back his money the following offseason.

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

i know he would have gotten one green if he could be given.

rb is the most overrated position in the league.

9. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Yes, he's about to be 30, but still in great shape. His rehab is right on schedule. After his last season ending knee surgery he came back and had one of his best years yet. And he had 90 yards rushing in 3 games where the entire offense played like crap. I think we've had this argument before...

Regardless, he deserves at least a shot to come back and show us what he's got. If he can't perform after this season, then yes, I'd say it's time to look into restructuring. But Deuce is a core part of the heart and soul of this team and a VERY high character player. So no, you don't take him behind the shed.

10. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

I won't give red for it but I will say that I LOVE Duece! On top of being a hell of a rb he is a wonderful person. He is one of my favorite people much less one of my favorite players!

I will say that Duece is getting up there and the injurys are killing him (and the Saints) but I don't like to say he is washed up either. Clair makes some decent points tho, no matter how much I want to hit him for them.

It is a tough call either way and honestly would like to see him with the Saints at least one more year. When he is healthy he is good although admittedly becoming less and less likely.