New Orleans Saints Offseason and Draft Thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by pjnchamps, Feb 21, 2008.

1. clair

clair Rockets

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7837770/Talk-isn't-just-about-college-stars-at-combine

Saints are the favorites to sign Samuel.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

That would be a great move if they did this. That way they can get an instant impact guy with their pick and not have to spend it on a DB (though, now taking a DB might be worth it) -- with a good DB group this year the Saints could essentially trade down and get a quality DB and lineman.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

ah thats like my dream scenario the last couple of years so i bet it doesnt happen. I think asante is the best corner in the league by a good bit and considering hall is asking 10 mill?? ..do..not..want..hall....

come on payton. you cant just keep adding offense. do the dew.

4. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

This is great news! Wonder if we could still sign Randall Gay also. Thanks for posting

5. pjnchamps

Also would like the Saints to pick up QB Josh Johnson.
    CB Rogers-Chromartie ran a 4.28 still like Talib a lil more since Rogers-Chromartie did get used & abuse by Southern's Gerald Landry who by the way would be a great TE project.

6. tirk

im guessing you want adrian peterson and dmac as well.

7. pjnchamps

Yes
    But I'm just saying QB Josh Johnson would be a good late round pick especially for a team like that Saints who dont have anyone behind Drew Brees. I just want the Saints to make good moves and improve their team.

Now if you were to ask if loyalty was out of the equation and DMAC fell to the Saints would I take him yes I probably would taking pressure off of Bush and having a two back system. Loyalty part of the equation being Deuce(coming off two surgically repaired knees). But Deuce is my boy

8. clair

clair Rockets

If Dorsey falls to 10, would you want the Saints to ignore their CB needs and get him?

This injury thing for him could realistically make that happen.

9. pjnchamps

I think DL is a need also but not as high as CB right now I probably wouldn't but if they would sign Asante Samuel and Randal Gay then it would be something to think about and draft a CB in 2nd round. But it is possible though with the injury thing just like with Ali's combine he could drop 2nd or 3rd maybe.

10. tirk

of course but dorsey aint falling to 10. aint happenin.

deuce is the most popular player in saints history and rightfully so. bush was for one year but that hasnt gone so well.