New Orleans Saints Offseason and Draft Thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by pjnchamps, Feb 21, 2008.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Did you see a place kicker for 1000, Alex?

2. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

With the 178th pick (6th round), the Saints select Taylor Mehlhaff PK from Wisconsin.

3. PURPLE TIGER

I think he may be the first PK taken in the draft. I thought the kid from Georgia might be first.

4. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I like the pick. K was most definitely a big need for us and Mehlhaff was considered by some to be the best one in the draft. He was also a 1st Team All-America. At this point, I don't think we need to "settle" on a kicker in free agency.

Now I look for them to shore up the LB position via UDFAs. I think there will be a few available.

5. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

He was the second kicker taken, but I love the pick. We've needed stability at kicker for years now. I was a huge Morten Andersen fan, and got spoiled by the consistency he brought.

6. PURPLE TIGER

With only 35 picks remaining and about 25 LBs taken thus far, the Saints should have a few quality UDFAs to choose from. Hopefully we'll find a future starter.

7. PURPLE TIGER

I know there was a P taken but was there another PK taken ahead of Mehlhaff?

8. DarkHornet

Your right.. the punter from GT was before him. I just heard them say "First kicker of the draft has been taken" and assumed he was a placekicker.

9. PURPLE TIGER

At first, I was a little upset because I thought we would have a shot at a top PK after the draft. After hearing that he can routinely kick the ball into the end zone, I'm very happy with the pick.

I envision the Saints scoring often and then our opponent being stuck at the 20 yard line. With the additions on the DL, I'm just hoping we find another LB and REALLY HOPE somebody in the defensive backfield can make an occasional play.

If so, we'll be in good shape.

10. DarkHornet

Surprise... the Saints hop back on the board and take Adrian Arrington from Michigan.