New Orleans Saints Offseason and Draft Thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by pjnchamps, Feb 21, 2008.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Harper was a rookie this year and is being paid 2nd round money. Im pretty sure they will take a cap hit from doing that and he at least is young and talented. The Saints will never win until they actually address problem areas. With that being said they will trade for Shockey and not ever be a serious contender until they get sacrifice a few ticket sales for some quality no names.

2. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

this was R.Harper's second year because he tore ligaments in his knee his rookie season.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

i was saying that because he was technically a rookie i thought...maybe not. either way he was a rookie as far as playing time goes.

edit: i was wrong. i thought he was one of those guys that was eligible for rookie awards.

either way the saints front office is retarded.

4. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Saints explore trading up in the draft

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jses...0d5d807cdfd4&template=with-video&confirm=true

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Been hearing about this possible move to #2 and I hope it happens but I do not think the Saints will do it based on the $$$$ they are going to pay the #2 pick. They are under the sa;ary cap but not by much. As much as I would love Dorsey to be back home, is the $$$$ and whatever else they have to give up worth it when they can still get a top DT possibly at the 10 spot.

Nevermind Saints, just do it.

1 person likes this.
  6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Would you rather them do this or make the Lito move?

I like the Lito one but I think they may be best just staying where they are. Ellis is equal to Dorsey and they may get him, if not Rivers in a great prospect in a needed area and they can save money for Free Agency next year.

7. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

Have you been struck by lightning yet? :wave:

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Yes. :eek:

I know it isnt popular but I think he is. I got to watch Ellis work out at the Senior Bowl and he is scary good.

9. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

I agree with staying put. Getting Ellis or Rivers is best. Would probably give up too much to move up to 2nd.

But if Ellis or Rivers ain't there, then do the Lito move. Plus I hope they pull off the Shockey move.

10. Carface

Carface What the...?

What's wrong with giving up a lot to get the player you really, really want?

[​IMG]

Nevermind.

2 people like this.