New Enlgand Patriots-Best of All Time?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Oct 22, 2007.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

parity you paradoxical fool.

2 people like this.
  2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

If the Pats win out, then, of course . . . they are the best team ever.

3. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Going 16-0 would certainly be historic, but if this team doesn't win it all then the impact of that record would lose its glitter. I really believe this team will go 19-0 and will probably be the only team, maybe ever, to obtain something as special as this seaon.

The game not only features history on the field but off as well. Several days ago Roger Goodell relaxed its stance with other networks (CBS and NBC) and the game will be simulcast across the country. It will be the 1st 3-network simulcast in NFL history, and the 1st simulcast of any kind since CBS and NBC televised Super Bowl I. The ratings should be pretty high.

With all that's on the line, I still think back to the tragic death of former Tiger and Patriot, Marquise Hill. Wish he could have been part of this as well. Remember #91

1 person likes this.
  4. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Well, history was made last night. But does this mean they're the best? By numbers of wins "yes". But how would they match up against the 49ers of the 80s or the 72 Dolphins? That one will be debated in Pubs and at water coolers till doomsday. I've never been a big Pats fan, but hats off to them, they've done the "impossible".

:thumb:

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

This thread is hilarious. You've got one guy on here who has been predicting the Pats going undefeated from early on, and a couple others who tease him about dressing his wife up like Tom Brady when they have fun at night :)

I'm not big into the NFL, but I have a good friend who is. When I was asking him at the beginning of the season who would be the teams to watch this year, he put it like this:

Who is the one guy that the Patriots didn't have to get, but they got any way, just so they could make sure they beat the Colts?

I had no idea, so he was like "Randy Moss."

When Moss was in high school, he loved Lou Holtz's ND teams of the late 80's and early 90's. I'd imagine that he especially idolized ND's Heisman winner WR Tim Brown in the late 80's and ND's Heisman-runner up "Rocket" Ismael in the early 90's. That was huge news in college football when ND's football program accepted Randy's letter of intent. But because of his criminal record (he had even been expelled from his high school), ND rejected his application.

So Moss went to Florida State, who had just won the National Championship. Florida State gave Moss a football scholarship, on the condition that he sit out his first year on the bench. I wished they had let him play that year, they say he was scoring at will on FSU's DBs in practice, that nobody could cover him. But since they didn't let him play, Randy was unhappy, got in more trouble, got kicked off the team and had to go to then-Div 1-AA Marshall, where he began shattering records as a freshman (even ended up finishing in the vote for the Heisman).

But I always wished that Moss had gotten to play for an annual national championship contender like the ND and FSU programs at the time. So it's nice to see Randy finally get his chance to be on a championship-caliber team.

6. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

These individuals are often referred to as "playa haters". :grin: And to those player haters, I would like to now formally say:

TOLD YA SO!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

7. Cajun Sensation

:thumb:

8. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

No it ain't the time yet. Wait till they when the SB. Only two more to go.:wink:

9. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

The Dolphins didn't get a Bye week..........just sayin.........there is a need to keep stirring the pot.......:)

1 person likes this.
  10. Cajun Sensation

Yo, 'cane....you still think the Colts are best of all time? Just wondering b/c I still think the Patriots are the best of all time. Just sayin', dog.