New Coaches

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TCUTiger, Dec 4, 2021.

1. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

For just 2022, the current ESPN 300 shows 48 from Texas, and 15 from La.
    In addition, LSU has far from “locked down” La.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

We could say the same thing about this staff just based on the last 2 years. It would be unfair though. I have never coached before but have started and ran a business. I wanted to hire the people that fit MY vision for success and I believe BF is doing just that. He is not totally cleaning house as he has kept Davis and by hiring Wilson that shows he knows how important keeping Louisiana born coaches who can not only coach but recruit. The fact that Jones and Baker are still there tells me he may keep one or both. If not we just have to trust him. He has built 3 different programs all successful.

msully and Winston1 like this.
  3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

My only issue is his staff is not complete nor have we seen what he and his staff can do in a real game so I am prone to not criticize him yet. I am not hearing a big uproar from our current DB's about Raymond leaving. The only DB talking is McGlothen and his statement is we are still DBU without Raymond. The fact that Wilson came back to coach for this guy tells me a lot.

I like what I have seen from both Jones and Baker but if he chooses to replace them I have to believe he knows what he is doing. It's all on him so he better get this right.

5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

And the valley shook says Cory left because he wasn't getting paid the same level as other assistants. he was at 500,000 and Brad Davis was at 800,000. If that's true it's pocket change compared to what we are already spending and its really stupid.

6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I personally prefer the time and effort it takes to get that 9 months kicked off.[/QUOTE]
    But if there were an experiment to see if 9 women could make a baby in one month I'm guessing you would be willing to replicate that time and effort 9 times. For the sake of science of course.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Yep

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

His room had some headcases. CBs are special, but still. He wasn’t good enough to keep us from 11-11 the past two years. Good luck Mr Raymond, maybe we’ll meet up again some day.

9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Yep we will. 10/15/22 in the Swamp

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

This is a forum and we are allowed to criticize something we don't like but keep in mind it is just that, venting. If any of us knew better than Kelly or any of the many coaches at that level, SW would have been calling us. We don't know dick when it comes to running a program of that magnitude. O knew more than us and fell on his ass, so we are just fans without any influence on decisions made at LSU. No need to get heated with each other over trivial opinions. Enjoy the show and if he fails we will be doing this again soon. Sounds to me like there was more with the Raymond situation than just Kelly. Looks more like an internal issue between CR and his employers. Maybe he got slighted and should have been shown more respect, I don't know. I do know the list of DB's before CR are very impressive so I think we will be ok.