NBA preseason predictions..

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by KajunKenny, Oct 27, 2006.

1. KajunKenny

KajunKenny Founding Member

With the NBA season kicking off soon, I am wondering who is everyone's pre-season favorite to make a run at the Championship.

Alot of people are saying the Spurs, but can the Heat repeat? Will the Cavs have it together and put Lebron on his way to being one of the best of all time?

My money is on Heat, I think Duncan is due to get injured. Also, I think the Cavs will give the Heat a run for it in the EAST.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I like the Suns. If they can avooid the injury bug they will be really good. Once again the West will loaded. Hard for any team to get out of there. In the East, the Heat and Pistons should be there in the end...again.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Spurs vs. Suns in the West will decide eventual champion.

Heat will struggle in trying to defend its championship (don't they all seem to?)

East winner will be no match for Spurs/Suns winner.

4. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

I like the Bulls in 6 over the Jazz. Oh wait, Im still in '98. Don't really care about BBall anymore since His Airness left. Players are too selfish nowadays. It's a ME sport now.

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I'll go with the Suns if Stoudamire is back to his pre-injury status.

Otherwise I would have to pick Dallas. Shaq is too old and out of shape to be much of an influence for the Heat. Maybe he should lose about 40 pounds and get down to his 1996 playing weight.

6. clair

clair Rockets

it's a me sport?

you don't like any professional sports then, I assume...?

I sound like a homer, but Houston can shock people if T-Mac and Yao stay healthy.

In the east, the Chicago/Miami series can end up being a war if both teams pan out like I think, because it was a great series last year, minus Ben Wallace/Tyrus Thomas/PJ Brown to the mix.

Another sleeper is Orlando, because they have the best PF no one gives credit to in Dwight Howard. This kid is the best rebounder I've ever seen.

All-in-All:
    West: (If Amare is healthy)
    Phoenix over Dallas
    East: (If bulls gel)
    Chicago over Miami

West: (If Amare isn't healthy)
    Dallas over San Antonio or Houston
    East: (If Bulls don't gel)
    Miami over Detroit

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Miami doesn't have what it takes to repeat. Shaq won't survive the season. Now if Riley is clever, he will rest Shaq a great deal throughout the regular season, even having him skip entire games. Don't know if he will sacrifice regular season games like that. If he does, then Miami can make it back to the NBA finals with a well rested and healthy Shaq. I don't see the East winner beat the West winner, however.

Houston's chances don't lie with T-mac/Yao (although obviously they are important). I think the acquisition of Battier is the key. Can the head coach use his players wisely? Battier is the ultimate role player and doesn't want any part of the limelight. Genius acquisition.

8. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

CP3 will lead the NOK Hornets to the title. The championship parade will be in OK City, after which they will announce they are staying there permanently, thus keeping a professional sports title out of the city.

9. KajunKenny

KajunKenny Founding Member

No one here thinks King James will bring his Cavs to the throne?

If you think that Shaq is to old to be a factor... dream on... "Flash" is all the heat need to get to the play-offs.

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I think you just contradicted yourself

Shaq isnt to old, but he isnt the factor he once was...D Wade, like you said, is the reason they will go so far.