NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerBait3, Apr 20, 2008.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

2. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Founding Member

long live ms. peachez

Lakers up 16 to start the 4th in Utah.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Too little to late. Refs called a horrible game each way but the Jazz did not shoot well enough to make the number of scoring runs they usually make in a game. I said since game one of the Houston series that if they get that far down that early it wouldn't matter in the end. Jazz are a 2nd half team but when you are playing from behind it will likely end like it did tonight and every other game the Jazz lost in the playoffs.

This young team showed their weaknesses on many occasions but they showed even greater confidence and potential. A young team rarely has the poise to never to give up in any game like this team continued to show.

Now, Geaux Hornets!!!:grin:

4. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Founding Member

i found a picture of the parking lot outside the salt lake gateway arena.

[​IMG]

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I actually thought it was officiated pretty well. The difference was the Lakers attacking early in the shot clock and going to the rim. The Jazz finally did it late, but just a little too late...but they will be a force next year. Why Williams doesn't use his body as an advantage and go to the rim more I dont know. It seems as if it takes him a half to figure it out each game.

I hope the Hornets win as the Lakers match up better with them than the Spurs, but it will be no easy task with either team.

Very thoughtful of the Jazz fans to give the Lakers a Gatorade bath in the middle of the 4th quarter to start the winning celebration. F'ing Mormons.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Tell the Lakers it was officiated well. But either way it was bad calls both ways and would have not made a difference the way they shot the ball and started the game.

Williams did go away from the drive and should have sticked to it. The last 3 games not one foul was called when he drove and hit the floor. But that can't stop you from doing what needs to be done.

Those Momorns are brutal but they provide the most intimidating and loudest crowd in the NBA.

Nice try Nut but that would be Communist China, now go and get your shine box.:insane:

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Pistons in 6
    If it goes 7 Boston likely would win it. (NBA would love to see a Celtics vs Lakers final)

8. khounba

khounba Founding Member

That's an understatement.

9. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

Good grief, what do I do now. I am not a big fan of the Lakers, the Pistons infuriate me and also I want to ring Masterminds neck for being a fan, can't stand the Spurs, and until my friend whom lives in Boston stops acting like the Yankee's type of fan that we used to hate, I refuse to root for anything Boston.

So I guess that leaves me out of the playoffs!

:cry:

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

well i choose my words carefully, i didnt want to seem like too much of a homer.