NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerBait3, Apr 20, 2008.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

With a 24 second clock at least the opposition doesn't face a Big 10 type team, but with the Pistons it seems like they are either on or off, no gray area.

Seems as if when things arent going great they force a lot of outside jumpers, which results in a fast break scenario for the opposition.

But when they are on, and Sheed is seeing the floor and moving down low, Prince is going to the rim, and CB and Rip are coming hard off of the screens --which makes them the best half court team in the league.

Fair assessment?

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

AK or Brewer will likely start against Kobe. Both are great defenders but AK has the length. I do not see AK starting off on Kobe as a drawback on the offensive side of the ball because he is not asked to be a scorer as much as past seasons. He loves to do the dirty work 1st and let the easy baskets come to him. I have yet to see AK really get worn down, the guy is a machine.

Harpring will come in to bang with Kobe from time to time and he does a good job at that. I can see Korver and C.J. Miles also getting a shot at defending Kobe as well.

3. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Founding Member

Detroit couldn't even beat the Cavs last year. I suppose the Pistons have a pretty good chance of advancing to the NBA finals AGAIN and losing AGAIN. 6 straight trips to the Eastern Conference finals and only 1 NBA championship title?

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Completely forgot about Brewer, yeah he should start on him I assume.

I was guessing AK sooner than in normal games only if Kobe is still a step slow.

Harpring is still suffering from roid rage like he did at GT.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Pretty fair assessment, although i do believe they have a gray area, when they are up in games, the seem to settle into complacency and rely on jump shots. But thats a pretty good assessment of Detroit.
    The biggest boost I give Detroit is their defense, they will clamp down when they have too.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

The beat the Cavs the year before that, so whats your point. Thats pretty dominating to go to 6 straight conference finals. Name a team that has done that this decade?
    didnt think you could

Cleveland got to the finals and got swept, you are right in your post, we do at least have a championship, what does cleveland have? an overhyped superstar and 1 conference championship.

7. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Founding Member

I hate the Cleveland Cavs but the Detroit Pistons remind me of a poor man's Atlanta Braves. Both have several Division titles and so on but only one NBA or MLB championship to show for it over the last 15 years or so.

Both franchises are HUGE underachievers.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Speaking of C.J. Miles, did anyone see that dunk he had on Odom?

He doesn't do that often much less play that often but when he does it looks like he has been doing it for years. This player out of HS looks very promising and could be a steal. But like most kids out of HS, it is going to take a few years.

Odom and Gasol are having a good showing tonight and for the 1st time at the same time this series.

Kobe is doing a nice job of balancing his attack and taking jump shots. With spasms, one dunk can end your night and Kobe and Phil are thinking long-term. Now it is time to shut down the rest of the team and let Kobe beat us. Keep him sore the rest of the series.

Jazz are still ending each quarter with nice runs and very much in this game. Playing from behind makes me cringe though especially in a defensive battle.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Okay, the play by play guy just said that there has never been a lead change in the entire series betweent he Jazz and Lakers.

We're in game 5, latter half of the 3rd quarter and no team has ever relinquished a lead as of yet.

Absurd.

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

He was reiterating the point he made earlier that they had not traded leads in the last 35 minutes of each game, he just did a poor job of saying it.

And CJ Miles dunk was nasty, and I am not sure why they dont let Kobe jack up shots....dumb strategy -- guess easier said then done.