NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerBait3, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Founding Member

already did

in 04-05 he was the 8th leading scorer on the team and 05-06 he was the 10th leading scorer on the team. his 2 best seasons with the hornets.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams...5&season=2&sort=pts&order=true&avg=pg&split=0

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams...5&season=2&sort=pts&order=true&avg=pg&split=0

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

i was being partially facetious, and realize he would never seriously help a contending team win games.

after they conceded the season he was the only reason to keep going to games. he was about the only entertaining thing there at the time...maybe he was still high, who knows.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

We Pistons, sit and wait.:hihi:

4. khounba

khounba Founding Member

That was an excellent play by Prince. But does Orlando have no 3 point shooter on their team. Why was Turgoloogy going to the rim? Even if he makes the dunk they would still have had to foul Hamilton and he was what? 12 for 12 from the line already? Neither of those calls could have come from the bench, right? After the ending of the last two games Ron Jeremy must be going crazy.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Another big game tonight for the Jazz. I always worry about the NBA refs when one of the NBA's golden boy teams are a threat to lose. As we have seen they have called more fouls than the Jazz's average in 3 of the 4 games and that is scary knowing that they are the leading team in fouls throughout the year. But the Jazz can't worry about that like usual.

With Kobe's back in question tonight, I expect the Jazz to attack the hell out of him. If the Jazz lose away again it will only help them the next game at home if Kobe feels it when he wakes up the next morning. The Jazz have come very close to knocking them off twice at home and I fell they will take one this series at their place. They just need to play with the lead like they did at home.

Gasol has been struggling against the agressiveness, Fisher is going to make his shots, and Odom is playing above par this series. The way I see it Gasol and/or Odom will have to pick up some slack tonight if Kobe can't get it done. But I think the Jazz will be able to focus on those 2 a little more tonight if Kobe can't get hot. If the Utah Bench performs to their standards, I can see this game being the one they can steal.

Game Plan for games 5-7:

1. 4 or 5 different fresh defenders on Kobe all game
    2. Don't get behind too far early
    3. Dominate the boards and paint like they have this series = fastbreak opportunities
    4. Bench points > Lakers bench
    5. Boozer knocks down the short jumpers
    6. Easy baskets, knock down open shots to limit the Lakers' fastbreak opportunities
    6. Hit their average # of 3s to keep the defense honest

6. LSUMASTERMIND

Ron Jeremy is an awful coach, Orlando has about four 3=point shooters, when you leave the game up to Hedo Turkolough and you just spent 121million dollars on Rashard Lewis, you are in big trouble and a terrible coach.
    The Pistons only committed 3 turnovers to Orlandos 21 but Detroit shot terribly. Orlando has to be awful to lose 2 games to Detroit without Billups.

1 person likes this.
  7. LSUMASTERMIND

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

9. LSUMASTERMIND

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

BHelm, what do you think about the game tonight?

My guess:
    Being at home you probably wont see Fisher getting two early fouls and that will make a big difference. I would assume the Jazz will start out with AK47 on Kobe? and see what happens regarding Kobe's explosiveness. I like that matchup for the Lakers because it wears down AK and makes him less of a force on the other end...as in he doesnt get those freebies.