NASCAR dropping the hammer!

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by qball316, Feb 13, 2007.

1. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

Seems they are really serious about stopping the "cheating".

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6470744

Also, NASCAR Channel on Siruis Radio is reporting that the rumors in the garages is that Waltrip's penalty is going to be alot worse than Kane and Kensith's. As a Toyota fan I was really excited to see what they can do in NASCAR. But this is not a good way to start, in fact it makes Toyota look pretty bad in my opinion.

1 person likes this.
  2. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

I fixed it for you, i think! You must be a Tony Stewart fan. :rofl:

3. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

Ya think?!!!

4. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

Driving around a circle 400 times...anyone care to explain?

5. BamaBengalTiger

BamaBengalTiger Geaux Tigers !!!!!

As it looks now, I don't think any more than 2 YOTOTA's will get in the race. I don't think Mikey will be able to make this ownership thing work. His lack of performance is going to drive away sponsers. And if the substance they found on the manifold is not oil, as was reported by ESPN last night, I doubt Mikey will be allowed to race, and the penalties will be severe.

6. BamaBengalTiger

BamaBengalTiger Geaux Tigers !!!!!

Well actually it is a 2 1/2 mile track. The race is a 500 mile race. So they actually only drive around in circles 200 times. And they do it really, really fast, and really close to each other.

1 person likes this.
  7. macatak911

Sounds like the interstate.

1 person likes this.
  8. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

Its a professional sport. Just like football, basketball, baseball, hockey, tennis and golf. I guess driving in circles is just as pointless as watching a yellow ball go back and forth, or trying to get a white ball into a little hole 400yds away, or watching a butch of guys bang each other around on a football field. Don't discredit a sport if you won't give it the time of day to learn anything about it. There is alot more to it than circles.

9. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Im not a huge NASCAR fan although I watch it from time to time. If im not mistaken NASCAR has the largest average attendance record of any sport in the world. Isnt it something like 150K average per race? I also think they had some unbelievable TV ratings. Last years Daytona was a monster rating hit as I recall. NASCAR is a HUGE sponsor attraction as well with their supposedly ultra loyal fan base. Regardless if you like NASCAR or not, its an enormous success enjoyed by a very large number of people.

10. macatak911

I don't consider NASCAR a sport.

Make some soccer stadiums in Europe hold infinite number of people and they will be filled. Race tracks have much more room to place grandstands than regular stadiums do.