Moving Forward

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Bengal B, Jan 18, 2021.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Saints sign WR Kenny Stills to the practice squad. Receivers caught just 5 passes against GB, I 100% expect Stills to be on the active roster Sunday.

2. mctiger

Both Eric McCoy and Marcus Davenport expected to miss several games with injuries suffered against GB. Actually good news in Davenport's case, as the injury (pec muscle) is not as severe as originally thought.

3. mctiger

Davenport, Kwon Alexander both placed on IR and will miss at least 3 games. Only one team can compete with the Saints' record for finding players who can't stay healthy, and that's the New Orleans Pelicans.

fanatic likes this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

happens every game at least once for as long as i can remember. how does sean not go berzerker on the reg. cant be coincidence and nary an explanation. https://twitter.com/i/status/1459981346374307851 My love for you is like a truck, Berserker Would you like some making fuck, Berserker

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I hate blaming the refs, but with the parody and margin of error being so thin in the NFL, these plays fuckin matter. I get the we fumbled the 2nd half kick off and missed 2 XPs, but we could have overcome all of that with better officiating. The PI on the play in the link, but phantom Roughing the Passer on Tanneyhill that negated a pick and a bullshit 3rd dwon PI on DD#56 that extended a drive which they eventually scored a TD on were killers. If even one of those is called correctly, we most likely win.

6. mctiger

Then again, if we don't miss 2 XP's, don't fumble a kickoff away on our own 20 yard line, don't take ourselves out of FG range at the end of the half with back-to-back sacks, maybe the horrible ref call doesn't even come into play. Take care of what you can control, and maybe what you can't control doesn't even matter.

kluke likes this.
  7. fanatic

Yep, I get it. That's why I mentioned it.

8. mctiger

Saints signs Taysom Hill to a 4-year extension worth a minimum $40 million, with $22.5 million guaranteed. If he earns the starting QB job, the deal could inflate to $95 million. Don't know if Loomis or Hartley authored this deal, but one or the other is out of his fucking mind. Deals like this are the reason we have to let core players like Hendrickson, Rankins, Vonn Bell and Ingram walk in free agency every year. Insures that for the next 4 years we'll remain a team with a few stars but no depth.

kcal likes this.
  9. fanatic

Could not agree more. It will end up being dead money.

mctiger likes this.
  10. mctiger

Saints trade CJ Gardner-Johnson to the Eagles for a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich.