Monday Night Football in the Big Easy

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by tirk, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

20-3 @ half

I like Payton as a coach. He and his coaching staff has made a big differnce so far. This is not your typical Saints team. Maybe things will turn around with this franchise.

Don't know if Benson will leave after 2010 and seek a better paying market or what, but I wish they could get a new owner. I don't know if I would ever see an open stadium in NO, but that would have pretty cool.

Please...no more Spike Lee.

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Who dat ?

3. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

A win tonight would be big. The Saints were not supposed to beat the Falcons. They are playing great so far. The second half should say a lot about Peyton. Will he come out and play conservatively, trying to hang on to what he has and playing not to lose? Or will he be aggresive and put the game away with offense?

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It's been a long, long time since I've seen a competitive Saints team on the field. I'm even managing to put up with the commercials and the incessant blather from the announcing crew. Christ, it's like we have to figure out what's happening in the game while they have their gabfest up in the booth.

5. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Re: 20-3 @ half

Dont worry I have a plan for the Bensons.

See what we do is we poison Tom, and then at the funeral we Fire Bomb the place to wipe the rest of them out. Then we pull a Green Bay and the city and the fans can own the team.

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I could not agree more. They are often far more concerned about what they hae to say than what is going on down on the field. It is as if they think the people tune in to hear them instead of learning about what is going on the gridiron.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Congrats Saints fans, couldn't believe how well your D played tonight.
    You guys made Michael Vick look human.
    You might actually have a chance to win some games since you have a QB now.
    I think it would be wild if the Saints went on a roll and made it to the Superbowl
    but I realize there is a lot of football left to be played and a lot of ifs have to be answered.

Was impressed with WR#12(Colston)?, Davery Henderson and Drew Breeze

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Good post SDMan (except it's DEvery!)! I have similar thoughts. The defense was unbelievable. They were helped by the Falcons inept WRs, but they shut down the run too. Great game by the defense.

Funny how a team looks when the QB isn't giving the other team 14-21 points a game, huh? :hihi:

9. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

I still maintain that the NFL paid the Falcons to lose since it's a feel good story just like they paid the Rams to lose to the Patriots in SB 36.

10. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

sour puss. :hihi:

All I can say is Wow! I wish I had been there live. I've never been a big fan of pro ball, but tonight, I can't stop smiling. Great game. Great emotion. Great coverage for Louisiana. I agree with whats-his-name, no one was going to beat the Saints tonight. I would love to see the Saints make a go of it this season. I think I'll keep paying attention. I'd hate to miss it.