Mike Leach Suspended (Now Fired) By TTU

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Deceks7, Dec 28, 2009.

1. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I thought 1st team D and O mostly goes against the scout teams that
    are simulating the other teams??? Unless it is a scrimmage.:geaux:

2. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

True... that's usually one day during game week and a part day of film.

There was a very good write-up on this subject on teams that pass more than 70% of the time. If I can google it up, I will. Anyway, there is definately a statistical correlation.
    There aren't really any SEC teams that fall into the 70% range like TT. I think Arky had the highest ratio... around 62%.

3. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Well you also have the high powered offense who scores way to fast which puts the D back on the field a lot... then again didn't an average drive from Spurrier's UF teams last about 2 minutes, and they still had pretty good defenses.

4. Texas_Tiger

Texas_Tiger Tiger Stuck in Aggie Land

Re: Real Reasons for Adam James Actions

I agree with the article. Now that June Jones has gotten SMU's program out of the cellar, he wants to play for his dad's alma mater.

What I find interesting is that no other player has claimed abuse, it may come out but it hasn't yet.

Also the quotes by Adam's teammates are good insight to what might have transpired.

Eric Morris wrote in e-mails obtained by ESPN that James was "never known as a hard worker" and "seemed to have a negative attitude toward the football program the majority of the time." and that James expected the team "to baby him" because he was the son of a famous player, ESPN analyst Craig James.

Receivers coach Lincoln Riley wrote that James resented being one of three receivers who was made to run stairs as punishment for unsatisfactory work. "It's just another example of Adam thinking that he knows more about coaching than people who have been coaching their entire lives," Riley wrote. "I have no doubt that anger from this led to where we are today."

While I think Leach was wrong for locking him in a closet, i feel this was an avenue for those in the Tech Athletic dept that wanted Leach gone.

Just my opinion

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i dont know if its the pussification of america but this reeks of a fn spoiled ass crybaby that received attention because his dad was a good player and a media head.

i havent read this thread nor have seen m much of the news so i dont know the details but taking down a football team and the only thing going for such a school because you were sent to a shed? what a gd baby.

good luck, TT, going back to the depths of the unknown. at least you were a known commodity before this. you can go back to being amongst the likes of baylor and rice. hope you enjoyed your 15 minutes.

and you can thank sweet-baby-james for it all.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

This pretty much sums the entire story up.
    Close Thread.

7. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

that was totally worth it.

8. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

this

the AD hates leach but the boosters forced the AD to extend him after last yr. he was waiting for an incident like this and can now not pay him a bonus either. i betcha the boosters are super pissed and it'll be interesting to watch the fallout. especially with espn's grain of salt reporting on all of this. it's one of their employees' sons.
    i'm sure they'll report straight down the middle on this......right?

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

10. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

The hate started WAY before this. They were both trying to maximize their gains while finding a way out. It was a pissant move the way they finally got him.