News Middle East

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Oct 8, 2023.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

And for the record, the Balfour Declaration and then the expulsion of Palestinians from their homes for the formation of a Jewish state were WRONG. Jews from around the world had no right to that land, sorry. Most of them had a very tenuous connection to the place, anyway.

Does Israel now have a right to exist? Might seem like a contradiction but I nevertheless believe so. Israel has as much right to exist as the USA, which stole lands from indigenous people. When does a territorial claim expire? Hard to say, but I think Palestinian claims to Israeli land has expired, just as much as Cuban families in the USA no longer have a valid claim to Havana or anywhere else on that island.

2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Hey, the British wanted the Jews out of England as much as any other Euorpean country did.

The Jewish zeal for a homeland allowed them to commit all sorts of atrocities (like Hamas is doing) to expel the Palestinian Arabs. Shit was peaceful when it was the Ottoman Empire from what I understand.

I agree with you that there has to be a 2 state solution. No turning back now. However, I don't believe the Palestinians believe in a 2 state solution. Hence the intifadas and wars. I don't know. This is where this shit gets confusing for me.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

There will be no two state solution unless they treat them like the US treated the Japs.

You cant do half measures with ideology divides such as this.

It requires a force so violent everyone stops and questions their own beliefs.

kcal likes this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

land is not owned by genetic destiny. land is owned by conquerers. the indigenous people in the Americas are from Africa, like all humans. and they had been conquering each other and enslaving and raping each other for millennea. the only different with the white man is that the conquering tribe made things way better.

if the Jews take the area of Israel, its theirs. that's how landownership works. there is no historical claim. the only thing that matters is the strength to hold a place. if the palestinians are weak and cant keep or defend their own land, too bad. and they keep slinging rockets at people, its not immoral to kill all of them.

Israel is justified to kill every single person in gaza. they proved they will never live peacefully. every person in gaza should have left long ago, if they don't agree with missilie campaigns.

the main and most important point is that its none of our business. let them kill each other.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

no right according to who? there is no official global ledger of who deserves what. you go there, take over, its yours. that's the only way things have ever worked.

they are told to go below the Gaza River, not totally exit.

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Israel has as much right to exist as the USA, which stole lands from indigenous people.

My oh my what a crusader you are! Why don't you be a trend setter and leave America and go back to where your ancestors are from so the "indigenous people" will have one less asshole to deal with. Those "indigenous people" will brand you heap big smoke, no fire because you are all talk no do. You ain't going anywhere. Neither am I but I will not act like I will like you.

Just when I think you have reached a hypocritical apex you get worse.

XXL TideFan likes this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

land is not owned by genetic destiny. land is owned by conquerers. the indigenous people in the Americas are from Africa, like all humans.

Disagree with this thought in your post. I don't believe in this "Lucy" hypothesis. We are to believe that a single skeleton found in Africa is the origin of humans. This is ridiculous. The vastness of our earth that has not been excavated. No way can this be proven.

XXL TideFan likes this.
  8. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

a big difference, American Indians are full citizens of the US, completely equal to you and me. That's a huge difference from how the Palestinians are treated by Israel - both ethnic cleansing and apartheid. It's disgusting. And it's disgusting the talking heads trying to justify civilian casualties by these 'over the top' and 'jump the shark' 'news stories'. When civilians are dying we should do something, speak out and maybe more. That's what the global superpower needs to do.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

fine, but its not relevant to my point. humans are from where they are from, and they are not assigned regions of the earth that they own. like I am not owed northern england where almost all my ancestors are from. Cherokee are not owed a homelend, neither are Jews or Palestinians.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

20 percent of Israel is Arab, and they get along fine and are citizens. but the gazan/hama are not looking for Israeli citizenship and equality and peace. they want to destroy and be killed.

Hamas wants death. they use human sheilds with hope that the Israelis will kill children. those children are martyred and heros. and then those attacks radicalize even more people into hamas and terrorism. the violence is not a by-product of their strategy and goals, its the point, death of their own civilians is their goal.

there is nothing that can ever be done but kill them or else live in constant peril from them. their ideology is so corrosive and dangerous that the only way to fix the problem is to give them what they want, death.

that said, from our point of view as Americans we have no reason to care either way. we cant do anything. unless you can convince both sides al-aqsa isn't actually magic.

I understand international law, I know what peremptory norms are, I know that there are things like slavery and genocide and piracy etc that are meant to prompt necessary intervention from the international community. I dont care. this is a unique case. the solution here is to look the other way and hope the conflice doesnt draw anyone else in.

the gazans, at the time they allowed their area to be dominated by Hamas, they signed their own death warrants. becsue it was inevitable they would attack Israel and force Israel to kill the innocent. that was hamas' goal all along.