Mickey Joseph

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Husker Ed, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Husker Ed

Husker Ed Founding Member

Football Scoop is reporting that Nebraska is finalizing a deal to bring Mickey Joseph back to his alma mater. He will have a similar position at Nebraska that he held at LSU. With his recruiting acumen, I'm glad to have him in Lincoln. Thoughts?

2. Herb

Herb Founding Member

<Notre Dame Fan Mentality>Where is his loyalty to LSU and the players?</Notre Dame Fan mentality> Lol.

I'd like to see LSU keep him, but I wish him success if he goes.
    What part of Nebraska are you from? My wife grew up in Grant.

watson1880 and Husker Ed like this.
  3. Husker Ed

Husker Ed Founding Member

Herb likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

It depends, I'd like to keep him but if he is leaving and its not bad blood im ok with it. Im not scared of Nebraska. Wish both the best of luck.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Unless you’re using him to replace Scott frost then it’s another 3 or 4 win season. You fellas gotta cut bail. A good Nebraska team is good for college football.

Y’all should rehire Bo Pelini a perennial 10 game winner in Lincoln that y’all fired! Solich is retired. Pellini is a fit for no one else. Still available.

Mickey Joseph’s a good get man. We are gonna miss him. But he may return when he realizes he has no receivers to coach! Kidding. Good luck!

shane0911 likes this.
  6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I’m not a Mickey Joseph fan, feel like he’s heavy on recruiting and light on coaching. A lot of people like him.

7. shane0911

Razors edge, sort of. Seems like WR hasn't been an issue, we had our best (who was doing really well) go down for the year and the rest seemed to step in nicely! Is that coaching or is it natural talent that was recruited?

I for one can't really answer, maybe someone with more time on their hands can break that shit down but going purely off of recent results I'd say we would be better to keep him. If we can't then I'd prefer he doesn't leave on bad terms. The saving grace is it looks like if he does go its to Nebraska and they don't seem like a threat to steal many WR's from us.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    kluke, Herb and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

There's no asssurance that Kelly would have kept him so it was probably smart making the move to Nebraska.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Nola native, we have to have at least one of those on the staff for recruiting. Where's Jaluke these days?

shane0911 likes this.
  10. shane0911

Exactly, guess we have to see how it shakes out. I for one don't think we need an entire staff shake up. A few tweaks here and there but I really don't see a need to start over from scratch and I don't think BK will either.